Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

3 minutes ago, Tuna said:

What sort of knobhead flies a drone over a Premier League game? Idiot.

Why dont they just give the players a free pass to use it as target practice?

They're expensive, and if they haven't got a mystery ticking package or a gatling gun attached to them are pretty much harmless to everything except air traffic.

47 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

We ain't anywhere near top 6. At an absolute push, we could squeak seventh. 

Tbh, give me 16 more points with 2 games to spare and I'll take it.

We'll do well to finish 8th. Slowly but surely drifting away into the bottom half. Unless we suddenly hit form in April/May and go unbeaten (not that likely but not impossible). I still think we'll finish about where we are now.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

The West Ham players foot saves him. Cavani is onside from that picture. It's minimal but onside is onside.

Possibly you're right, but I'd like to see a line, which the media normally see at the time, but apparently didn't get to see today. Maybe we'll see it later on MOTD. But when it's that tight, we need to see lines the used to make the decision.

Edited by Facecloth
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Facecloth said:

I was just pulling up in the car when they scored and had 5Live on. The commentators and pundits were saying they would be interested to see the lines on the offside decision because they hadn't seen it. I was under the impression that the commentary teams are shown all VAR footage to see them making the decision. Interesting they didn't get to see this.

Yeah I thought commentators see it but anyone watching on TV doesn't see it 'live'. 

The lines don't make it as clear-cut as originally thought but it still looks close without!

1 hour ago, Corky said:

Thomas Frank kicking off again.

Sent off now. Man is a ****.

‘Don’t use excuses’ – Thomas Frank dismisses Wolves’ time-wasting claims

That was after they beat us at Molineux after players constantly going down needing treatment in the 2nd half, and the goalie apparently needing to change his gloves...

What goes around comes around. That's why we were so fired up with his moaning at the end.

Edited by The Bear

14 minutes ago, davieG said:

His head looks offside

Follow the dotted green line (from his shoulder) up - his head's behind it. 

It's not even a particularly close call in the VAR offside scheme of things. But as per I'm asked to believe a correct decision would have gone the other way if it wasn't Man U, because... well because cheap internet clout is delicious 

(er, that wasn't aimed at you Davie) 

Edited by turtmcfly