Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

This league just stinks doesn't it. That Liverpool penalty is an utter joke. Now that you have actual video replays yet they're giving that I cannot look by the elephant in the room. Find it interesting that it happens on the same week Man City have a couple of contentious ones go against them. Trying to manufacture a title race are we?

• Like 1

I hadn't seen the Jota incident until today, absolutely mindblowing. They all looked at that, the ref looked again and thought - "yeh, that's a pen". Disgusting. There was an excuse for missing something in real-time, there isn't when going and watching it again on the screen. This one isn't even made worse by the slow-mo!

9 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

This league just stinks doesn't it. That Liverpool penalty is an utter joke. Now that you have actual video replays yet they're giving that I cannot look by the elephant in the room. Find it interesting that it happens on the same week Man City have a couple of contentious ones go against them. Trying to manufacture a title race are we?

The 2nd goal a little sus also, another team & thats offside for attempting to play the ball he's certainly active in the defenders mind

7 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

I hadn't seen the Jota incident until today, absolutely mindblowing. They all looked at that, the ref looked again and thought - "yeh, that's a pen". Disgusting. There was an excuse for missing something in real-time, there isn't when going and watching it again on the screen. This one isn't even made worse by the slow-mo!

I think on field refs are too scared to over rule the VAR guy who is telling them to look at it again. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Just looking at his record it isn't a great shock at all  but most of our fans are getting more than tired of the solution  to our ills from the owners is to just sack the manager every so often whilst buying some pretty average players.

Much more anger and frustration  at the owners and players now than Ranieri who many feel sorry for.

Compared to when Munoz went and a lot of the fan base seemed to agree with that decision. 

I suspect we will have another 2 before the end of the year...one to try and keep us up but fail then another in the Championship.

And certainly  think player power is playing a part here. 

Edited by Super_horns

6 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

I think on field refs are too scared to over rule the VAR guy who is telling them to look at it again. 

Halsey said on talkSPORT that he believes that there is a directive from Riley that the on field ref has to agree with the VAR. if true, that is not what IFAB state in their VAR protocols …..

9 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Halsey said on talkSPORT that he believes that there is a directive from Riley that the on field ref has to agree with the VAR. if true, that is not what IFAB state in their VAR protocols …..

Well might as well not bother having a screen or debate then !

Might as well have the VAR ref in charge. 

Edited by Super_horns

4 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diego_Martínez_(Spanish_footballer,_born_1980)

This guy is being tipped - manager of Granada under the Pozzos so will know them well.

If he holds out, he will get a better job but then again a lot of the Spanish/Italian coaches fancy a go and hope they can get the next job ala Marco Silva. 

• Like 1