Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

31 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Just looking at his record it isn't a great shock at all  but most of our fans are getting more than tired of the solution  to our ills from the owners is to just sack the manager every so often whilst buying some pretty average players.

Much more anger and frustration  at the owners and players now than Ranieri who many feel sorry for.

Compared to when Munoz went and a lot of the fan base seemed to agree with that decision. 

I suspect we will have another 2 before the end of the year...one to try and keep us up but fail then another in the Championship.

And certainly  think player power is playing a part here. 

Really begs the question why the last guy was sacked to start with. Things were going fine, considering the standard of the squad. 

The fact I don’t know his nam sums up how many gaffa’s you get through 

30 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Was hoping Watford would stay up because of Claudio and the fact they could send Newcastle down. But now hopefully they'll go and a more interesting club will replace them. 

Who's laughing now.

Who do you think is a or interesting club ??

Genuine question am I the only one that hopes any of burnely, Norwich and watford stay up? 

It’s not really a good thing for me to want your club to stay up as I basically want the least threatening sides. 

But I’m surprised so many want rid of burnley because they are ugly and boring or Norwich because they are an embarrassment. 

why would you rather have a team that will potentially win that cup that we might have won or steal a player we wanted. 

1 minute ago, Lambert09 said:

Genuine question am I the only one that hopes any of burnely, Norwich and watford stay up? 

It’s not really a good thing for me to want your club to stay up as I basically want the least threatening sides. 

But I’m surprised so many want rid of burnley because they are ugly and boring or Norwich because they are an embarrassment. 

why would you rather have a team that will potentially win that cup that we might have won or steal a player we wanted. 

Because despite most people protesting the opposite.... Football is a product we consume and we all want to be entertained by the best teams and interesting new options (like when a Huddersfield or a Blackpool come up)

That's the secondary element to actually watching your team and wanting them to win every game of course, but the simple fact is if you've got a season ticket you don't want half of the 19 games to be a side parking everyone behind the ball and you sitting their in frustration every game watching your team trying to break down the block. 

17 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I think it would be funny to see one of Everton or Newcastle go down (if not both)

Edited by TK95
  • Like 4

Ranieri will always be a legend. So nice to see him back at the KP but not so good for him. Watford really are a troubled club so not one bit suprised this experiment did not go well. Hope he retires now. Hate te see him suffer although he gets paid well from getting sacked.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

This league just stinks doesn't it. That Liverpool penalty is an utter joke. Now that you have actual video replays yet they're giving that I cannot look by the elephant in the room. Find it interesting that it happens on the same week Man City have a couple of contentious ones go against them. Trying to manufacture a title race are we?

It is imperative for the Premier League to receive the £billions from around the world that they ensure the top six with the large stadiums stay in the top six. It’s now becoming pretty obvious that the PL have an agenda with some control over the outcome of matches. The Liverpool penalty was proof that the unseen people behind the screens now have control. The billions of viewers around the world who pay the PL are not the slightest interested in seeing clubs like Burnley or Southampton etc etc sitting in the top six 

3 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

Watford deserve to go down, their owners are a joke. 

Wouldn't feel too sorry for Claudio. He probably came in and saw it for exactly what it was. Three months of work before the inevitable payout. Joke of a football club. 

If they do go down, hopefully we can nab Sarr in the process.

I dunno about Don Claudio. I think he's addicted to the buzz. He doesn't seem able to say no. 

5 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

Don't know if this has been asked before, but what is the likelihood that we get a game or 2 slapped into this mini break?

Won't be too many South American players between us and the few sides we need to play. 

No chance. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AjcW said:

Because despite most people protesting the opposite.... Football is a product we consume and we all want to be entertained by the best teams and interesting new options (like when a Huddersfield or a Blackpool come up)

That's the secondary element to actually watching your team and wanting them to win every game of course, but the simple fact is if you've got a season ticket you don't want half of the 19 games to be a side parking everyone behind the ball and you sitting their in frustration every game watching your team trying to break down the block. 

is Puel back?

2 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

When I watch Leicester I want two things; I want a City win & I want to be entertained !

Watching Burnley defend for 85 minutes does not entertain me at all ! When clubs like Leeds & Brentford come up and play entertaining football it makes the game more enjoyable.

Premier League is rigged, they know having likes of Man United, Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham in the top six there likely to make the most money via tv revenue and sales. Though i'm not sure why Tottenham is considered a top six club as they've not really won anything in donkey's years and I would say fan base wise I wouldn't say it's any bigger than Villa, Leeds and Newcastle.

Edited by Leicesterpool

29 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

When I watch Leicester I want two things; I want a City win & I want to be entertained !

Watching Burnley defend for 85 minutes does not entertain me at all ! When clubs like Leeds & Brentford come up and play entertaining football it makes the game more enjoyable.

are-you.gif

I'm going to sound really patronising here but people see Watford as some sort of joke and I actually don't get it. It's not the way that I would want Leicester to be run but they have been the premier league for six of the past seven seasons, which for Watford is damn good going seeing as their owners are not actually very wealthy compared to the rest of the premier league. It has clearly works for them. 

Edited by BenTheFox