Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

6 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

Hodgson could actually prove to be a very sensible appointment. 

I would never want him here but he does a steady job and if I was looking to stay up then he'd be one of my choices.

Did solid jobs at Palace, WBA and an excellent job at Fulham. I think Watford as a size of club would be perfect for Hodgson.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

Hodgson is one way to ensure our annual 2-1 loss at Watford occurs.

Might be too late by then!

1 hour ago, cruzFOX said:

What’s happened to ol Elton? Haven’t seen him at a home game in a long time?

maybe he grew tired of the team “breaking his heart” :P

Not this season I don't think - due to COVID I guess.

Was at the last game  last season greeting the players after our promotion. 

1 hour ago, surrifox said:

He’s switched his allegiance to Coventry 

I guess that’s why they call them the blues 

Elton wanted Watford to sign a Cameroon defender in after the 1998 World Cup but Liverpool pipped him to the post. Resigned to losing out, he graciously called Liverpool them and said 'you can tell everybody, this is your Song'

Edited by Nalis
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, David Hankey said:

Given Hodgson's EPL record, 33.8%, win record and the Watford owners' managerial record I have only one thing to say; best of luck Roy, you'll need

If he continues with a 33% win record that’s another 6 wins on the board this season, add a few draws and that could just about be enough to survive.

12 hours ago, Pliskin said:

Not a criticism, I can just imagine his wife standing at the door ready to go on that retirement cruise, only to see him peering round from the kitchen door “sowwy love I’ve done it again”……..

He'll soon be cwying 😂

1 hour ago, Stinky said:

Hodgson going to Watford just feels the equivalent of your grandad handing over his bank details to a scammer over the phone  

Signing a managers gig with Watford is as good as it gets !! You know you are only going to do maybe 3 months of a two year gig & then head home & get paid for drinking gin & tonic. Does it get any better ?

5 hours ago, Vacamion said:

Ordinarily I would love Roy H.

He's a man of culture who speaks other languages and has managed abroad, and has been near the top echelons of management for a long time. 

He's now so old, he's cute.

But he under-used Vardy at his devastating peak, he took Jack Wheelchair in 2016 instead of an in-form Drinkwater and had a really talented group of England players playing negative, fearful football and lost to Iceland.

It's unforgivable, really.

And put Kane on corners