Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

52 minutes ago, Corky said:

Lampard favourite for Everton.

Will his Toryness be condemned or ignored?

This is annoying. He’s the sort to get them a short term boost before ultimately failing... that short term boost will be when we play then no doubt 

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Joao Pedro has the potential to be a Richarlison does he not? You got him for a very modest fee before there was then serious interest from bigger clubs but you'd already got the agreement. I like the look of him.

Definitely a good prospect .

Getting stronger and fitter too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The People's Hero said:

I laughed. And then wondered.... is this actually true? It can't be?

Does seem unlikely! Didn't they beat Liverpool 3-0 under Big Nige?

Edited by Tielemans63
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

I laughed. And then wondered.... is this actually true? It can't be?

I've checked it, it's true. Liverpool in Feb 2019, Pearson was manager. He left and Mullins took over as caretaker. Then they were relegated and Ivic or whatever his name was in. Then Munoz, then Ranieri and now Hodgson. They haven't kept a clean sheet this season.

• Like 1

To be fair its a misleading stat in that includes managers who only managed Watford in the Championship.

You can just as easily say Ben Garner is the 34th man to have managed Swindon Town since they last kept a Premier League clean sheet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Facecloth said:

I've checked it, it's true. Liverpool in Feb 2019, Pearson was manager. He left and Mullins took over as caretaker. Then they were relegated and Ivic or whatever his name was in. Then Munoz, then Ranieri and now Hodgson. They haven't kept a clean sheet this season.

Wow. That is an incredible stat. Thanks for checking. Quite lazy of me actually.

Reckon they will get to 7 managers before a clean sheet? 

Just now, Sampson said:

To be fair its a misleading stat in that includes managers who only managed Watford in the Championship.

You can just as easily say Ben Garner is the 34th man to have managed Swindon Town since they last kept a Premier League clean sheet.

WOW WOW WOW. That's an even more incredible stat!!!!

You should have been here when the popular kids were talking about who was going to swap votes in the Foxestalk Annual Awards!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Just now, The People's Hero said:

Wow. That is an incredible stat. Thanks for checking. Quite lazy of me actually.

Reckon they will get to 7 managers before a clean sheet? 

I sent it to a mate earlier and we both thought it must be wrong so I had to take a quick looks at their results. Didn't take long to clock no clean sheets this season and then to find it was Liverpool in Feb 2020 (made a mistake in the first post). The over to Wikipedia to check the list of managers.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Tbf, they were only away for a season, so its two half seasons in the premier league over a 2 year period and 6 managers in that time. Both the lack of clean sheet and manager turnover is shocking.

• Like 1

Just now, Facecloth said:

Tbf, they were only away for a season, so its two half seasons in the premier league over a 2 year period and 6 managers in that time. Both the lack of clean sheet and manager turnover is shocking.

And only one of them didn't manage in the Premier League so still pretty bad

• Like 1

It also includes a caretaker manager who had 2 games though. 

Not saying it's not an interesting stat, but you can also say "manager x is team's 3rd manager since they last had a PL clean sheet" when they haven't kept a clean sheet in 3 games and there was a caretaker manager wh managed a game in that time. 

I think "Hodgson is Watford's 4th permanent manager to manage them in the PL since they last kept a PL clean sheet" is a good stat in itself without having to muddy the waters to make it look more extreme and clickbaity than it is.

Just now, Sampson said:

It also includes a caretaker manager who had 2 games though. 

Not saying it's not an interesting stat, but you can also say "manager x is team's 3rd manager since they last had a PL clean sheet" when they haven't kept a clean sheet in 3 games and there was a caretaker manager wh managed a game in that time. 

I think "Hodgson is Watford's 4th permanent manager to manage them in the PL since they last kept a PL clean sheet" is a good stat in itself without having to muddy the waters to make it look more extreme and clickbaity than it is.

You're fast talking yourself out of the 'most interesting stat' award here, @Sampson