Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

21 hours ago, Vacamion said:

Ordinarily I would love Roy H.

He's a man of culture who speaks other languages and has managed abroad, and has been near the top echelons of management for a long time. 

He's now so old, he's cute.

But he under-used Vardy at his devastating peak, he took Jack Wheelchair in 2016 instead of an in-form Drinkwater and had a really talented group of England players playing negative, fearful football and lost to Iceland.

It's unforgivable, really.

It's a shame isn't it. I feel exactly like this. It's such a big blot against him that I can't overlook it. He'd have otherwise been great for me.

I couldn't stand him at England. I'm no Southgate lover but I still prefer him to how Hodgson did.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Duquesne Whistle said:

Normally, I wouldn't care, but fingers crossed the Scots lads prevail in the play offs for the World cup.

No Welsh hate here, of course, it'll just give Ward a good rest that summer for the following premier league season.

As we don't have any Scots, yet, it would be the best outcome for all. Can't wait.

How much rest does a back-up goalkeeper need? lol

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Duquesne Whistle said:

Normally, I wouldn't care, but fingers crossed the Scots lads prevail in the play offs for the World cup.

No Welsh hate here, of course, it'll just give Ward a good rest that summer for the following premier league season.

As we don't have any Scots, yet, it would be the best outcome for all. Can't wait.

26 minutes ago, Asha said:

How much rest does a back-up goalkeeper need? lol

Surely he needs games not only for fitness but to maintain his value.

13 hours ago, Tielemans63 said:

Does seem unlikely! Didn't they beat Liverpool 3-0 under Big Nige?

Yeah they beat Liverpool 3-0 on 29th February 2020.

Since then Hayden Mullins, Vladimir Ivic, Xisco Munoz, Claudio Ranieri and now Roy Hodgson have been the Watford manager.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Everton and Spurs fans competing hard for the Most Entitled Cvnts crown. 

Everton are a shambles, I think they have very right to aggrieved with the execs there.

Can imagine Lampard will have the typical new manager bounce and then tail off quite poorly.

Failed at Chelsea because in-game management was poor and couldn't set up defences properly.

Everton already have a leaky defence and when one of their key front players are out, have even worse luck in front of goal. 

Could be famous last words but can't see them threatening us anytime soon if they do hire Lampard.