Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

3 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Why is there this hate for the bloke ?

Hasn’t spoken positively about Liverpool in the past has he?

He hates the ‘z cars’ theme apparently. Would demand they play Coronation Street instead.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Really?!

I thought he was nailed on to go to Spurs.

Am I right in thinking he started out at Barca?

Spurs pissed about trying to low ball us (as Levy always does) and they missed out. We told them the price ages ago, they're own fault. 

Yes Traore started out at Barca's academy. It's a good deal given that he rarely starts for us. I'm surprised Barca wanted him back but they've probably agreed to do a permanent swap deal for Trincao in the summer as their optional fees are both similar amounts. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Harry Kewell not on the list? I know he had some injuries that held him back, but at Leeds he was an unbelievable player, I would say the best Aussie to play in the PL.

On that list 
Park

Son

Viduka

Good shout. Probably considered home grown as he came through their youth system. 

Yorke

Son

Viduka

I assume this has already been discussed but I just saw the Liverpool palace highlights on MOTD. Why did Craig Pawson on VAR overrule that clear non pen decision on Jota? How can that be deemed a clear and obvious error when it wasn’t a pen? Also he was the same person on VAR that didn’t give the pen against Ederson when he wiped out Fraser for Newcastle. That’s the 2 most dodgy decisions all season from the same guy on VAR. Does anyone genuinely think it isn’t corrupt? 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

I assume this has already been discussed but I just saw the Liverpool palace highlights on MOTD. Why did Craig Pawson on VAR overrule that clear non pen decision on Jota? How can that be deemed a clear and obvious error when it wasn’t a pen? Also he was the same person on VAR that didn’t give the pen against Ederson when he wiped out Fraser for Newcastle. That’s the 2 most dodgy decisions all season from the same guy on VAR. Does anyone genuinely think it isn’t corrupt? 

Blind people maybe? 

It’s bull crap from multiple points of view. 
Firstly, it’s not a clear and obvious error, the original decision was no penalty, why is the VAR getting involved?

Then when the referee goes to the screen, why can’t he say nah mate, I’m sticking with my original decision?

Can anyone think of a time when a referee has gone over to the screen and not then overturned the original decision?

If refs aren’t allowed to, what’s the point in having it?

The fact that two professionals have viewed that and said it’s 1) a penalty and 2) a clear and obvious error is baffling at best and questions really need to be answered, because these decisions always appear to favour the bigger teamS.

7 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

It’s bull crap from multiple points of view. 
Firstly, it’s not a clear and obvious error, the original decision was no penalty, why is the VAR getting involved?

Then when the referee goes to the screen, why can’t he say nah mate, I’m sticking with my original decision?

Can anyone think of a time when a referee has gone over to the screen and not then overturned the original decision?

If refs aren’t allowed to, what’s the point in having it?

The fact that two professionals have viewed that and said it’s 1) a penalty and 2) a clear and obvious error is baffling at best and questions really need to be answered, because these decisions always appear to favour the bigger teamS.

I think the PL are going to be in trouble with IFAB again over VAR. the protocols say that the on field ref has precedent over the VAR but it seems that PGMOL are instructing the on field ref not to over rule the VAR 

• Like 1