Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

1 hour ago, Unabomber said:

I assume this has already been discussed but I just saw the Liverpool palace highlights on MOTD. Why did Craig Pawson on VAR overrule that clear non pen decision on Jota? How can that be deemed a clear and obvious error when it wasn’t a pen? Also he was the same person on VAR that didn’t give the pen against Ederson when he wiped out Fraser for Newcastle. That’s the 2 most dodgy decisions all season from the same guy on VAR. Does anyone genuinely think it isn’t corrupt? 

Is there a site anywhere (maybe on social media) which compiles all of these ludicrous decisions? I’ve often thought if I had the time I would love to do an in depth review on each official and the decisions they’ve made and look for any patterns of sub-conscious bias!!  

Race for the Everton job is heating up nicely, it be interesting to see Ferguson sticks around if he fails to get the job on a long term basis. He's applied for the job twice before and been overlooked by world class coaches in Carlo Ancelotti and Rafa Bentiez. Which he probably accepted and maybe felt working under them he could learn a few things. Now there's talk about Lampard coming in, who Ferguson look at being a rookie and probably may think "hang on what's this guy done in management, to get the job ahead of me". Periera he may think "Well he's never worked in England before, does he know how to handle relegation scrap"

6 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Race for the Everton job is heating up nicely, it be interesting to see Ferguson sticks around if he fails to get the job on a long term basis. He's applied for the job twice before and been overlooked by world class coaches in Carlo Ancelotti and Rafa Bentiez. Which he probably accepted and maybe felt working under them he could learn a few things. Now there's talk about Lampard coming in, who Ferguson look at being a rookie and probably may think "hang on what's this guy done in management, to get the job ahead of me". Periera he may think "Well he's never worked in England before, does he know how to handle relegation scrap"

I don't think Ferguson would be looking at Lampard like that at all really and if he is he doesn't really have a leg to stand on. The jury is out on Lampard as a manager but let's not forget he did get Derby to a playoff final and finished in the top 4 with Chelsea, it's not like it would be his first job.

There is surely no way they go with Pereira the fans weren't overly keen on Benitez and they seem a lot less keen on this guy. The board are getting enough grief from the fans anyway without appointing a manager who the fans have pretty much said they don't want.

Edited by Tommy Fresh

Appears like it's going to be Lampard or Pereira. Wonder when Duncan does jump ship and try his hand at managing a team lower down.

For Lampard, I'd question whether Everton is the place to go. Given the shit show of a club it is behind the scenes and on the pitch

7 minutes ago, SkidsFox said:

They are looking for rest of the world players, outside South America and European imports....so why are they ignoring all the great African players who've done well in the Premiership?

They did an African one the other day. 

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Pawson is one of, if not the, worse referees in the league. I know the standard isn't very high but in particular he seems to be very biased to the bigger clubs.

Wasn't he the ref when we drew at anfield the great escape season? Gave a penalty against Morgan for being hit in the face with the ball? 

7 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Wasn't he the ref when we drew at anfield the great escape season? Gave a penalty against Morgan for being hit in the face with the ball? 

Nah that was Mike Jones. Just as bad. Ruined my NYD! 

5 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Appears like it's going to be Lampard or Pereira. Wonder when Duncan does jump ship and try his hand at managing a team lower down.

For Lampard, I'd question whether Everton is the place to go. Given the shit show of a club it is behind the scenes and on the pitch

Biggest job his likely going to get. Chelsea job was a stroke of luck due to his connection with the club. I can see him doing well at Everton.

20 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Biggest job his likely going to get. Chelsea job was a stroke of luck due to his connection with the club. I can see him doing well at Everton.

Hope he does land the Everton job, otherwise we may end up landed with him if/when Brendan moves onto pastures new.

I have no doubt Rooney's sentiments about finishing the job at Derby are genuine. I wonder if he's also canny enough to know that staying at Derby makes him look like a much more employable manager in the longer run - more committed, certainly, more likely to be accepted by fans - especially if he pulls it off. And if he doesn't, he's still a hero for sticking things out. 

Meanwhile Everton is still a massive mess that no-one will fix anytime soon. And Lampard, who did ditch Derby for his 'dream job' still has the air if a lightweight about him.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, MonkeyTennis? said:

I have no doubt Rooney's sentiments about finishing the job at Derby are genuine. I wonder if he's also canny enough to know that staying at Derby makes him look like a much more employable manager in the longer run - more committed, certainly, more likely to be accepted by fans - especially if he pulls it off. And if he doesn't, he's still a hero for sticking things out. 

Meanwhile Everton is still a massive mess that no-one will fix anytime soon. And Lampard, who did ditch Derby for his 'dream job' still has the air if a lightweight about him.

Maybe, but that is still a sign of intelligence on his part.  He’s not going to get much of a better job than Everton irregardless of how well he does at derby 

Call me a cynical bastard but Rooney has gone from saying the Everton job would be very difficult to turn down....... to turning it down. 

I suspect there was some constriction or conditions in the Everton job he didn't like and neither side would budge on it. 

He's not intelligent enough to think cleverly long term. 

Edited by The Bear