Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

9 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Call me a cynical bastard but Rooney has gone from saying the Everton job would be very difficult to turn down....... to turning it down. 

I suspect there was some constriction or conditions in the Everton job he didn't like and neither side would budge on it. 

He's not intelligent enough to think cleverly long term. 

He probably wants to get Derby relegated a second time!!

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

I know it won’t sit well because it’s derby, but this is great to see. Turning down not just a job but his boyhood club because he’s proud of his project... respect 

Gotta say that's an exceptionally mature decision from him, and one that will benefit his managerial career on the long run.

How come there's no PL fixtures this weekend? There's no internationals is there?

All these games to reschedule and no matches on.

I've obviously missed the memo somewhere :unsure:

1 minute ago, Izzy said:

How come there's no PL fixtures this weekend? There's no internationals is there?

All these games to reschedule and no matches on.

I've obviously missed the memo somewhere :unsure:

It's meant to be part of our mini-winter break. Evidently most players just use it for an opportunity to party in Dubai ... for rest and recuperation :sweating:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Winter break 

Oh yeah, of course :facepalm:

I don't remember having one last season but then again my memory is scrambled these days :unsure:

3 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

It's meant to be part of our mini-winter break. Evidently most players just use it for an opportunity to party in Dubai ... for rest and recuperation :sweating:

6329yz.jpg

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

FBS have no assets or staff or products ??

Well, their uk subsidiary is worth the grand sum of £1k. Check them; FBS Tradestone Ltd. 

The two Directors are a respectively a Lebanese and Cypriot accountant, plus Tradestone HQ, in Limassol. Who rent an office suite at a serviced office. 

I'm not moaning that the money stinks of comfort fabric conditioner. I just can't take the high horse that Man City are at it and we are clean as a whistle

2 hours ago, The Bear said:

Call me a cynical bastard but Rooney has gone from saying the Everton job would be very difficult to turn down....... to turning it down. 

I suspect there was some constriction or conditions in the Everton job he didn't like and neither side would budge on it. 

He's not intelligent enough to think cleverly long term. 

He's not going to lose at Derby- if they stay up he's a miracle worker, if they go down he had no chance.

He goes to Everton and they get relegated- it's tougher to turn around.

He's well aware of perception.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Well, their uk subsidiary is worth the grand sum of £1k. Check them; FBS Tradestone Ltd. 

The two Directors are a respectively a Lebanese and Cypriot accountant, plus Tradestone HQ, in Limassol. Who rent an office suite at a serviced office. 

I'm not moaning that the money stinks of comfort fabric conditioner. I just can't take the high horse that Man City are at it and we are clean as a whistle

But we aren’t sponsored by their U.K. subsidiary ?    Companies have other companies for lots of reasons (mostly to do with tax) 

18 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Big big with massive expectations from the fans at least.

Don't rate him highly and think the media hype (familiar to us) drowns out the fact he's not done anything special in management yet.

Lampard is a terrible appointment for a team in Everton’s predicament. So far he has failed at Derby and failed at Chelsea.

He may have brought through some good young players, but certainly didn’t get the best out of the squad he had at either club.

Everton have some decent players, but needed someone who can get them playing. I think if they don’t get a new manager bounce and a couple of wins early on, they are in real trouble.

Brentford, Newcastle, Leeds and Southampton are his first 4 games, so there is a real possibility of points there. However, if they get less than 6 points it will be a tough battle to the end of the season and I don’t know if Frank has the fight in him to ensure survival.

Really random observation from the Fantasy Premier League App that I’ve just made - we’re the 6th highest scorers in the league at the moment with an average of 1.7 goals per game. If we score our average of 1.7 goals in our 3 games in hand we will be the 5th highest scorers in the league and only just behind Westham in 4th. However, we are dead last in the table for most crosses in to the box. We’ve put 249 crosses in to the box compared to Wolves’ 301 in 19th. In fact, Liverpool who are top of the list have put in more than double what we have. Even if we had played 23 games as we should have by now, we’d still be last on the list by more than 20 or (on average two games’ worth of crosses). 

Why are we so low? And don’t say it’s because we don’t have any height because Liverpool have a tiny front 3. I feel like we get in to crossing positions so often and then pass back to a full back or even further back. Why?

Edited by Jakemoore
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Jakemoore said:

Really random observation from the Fantasy Premier League App that I’ve just made - we’re the 6th highest scorers in the league at the moment with an average of 1.7 goals per game. If we score our average of 1.7 goals in our 3 games in hand we will be the 5th highest scorers in the league and only just behind Westham in 4th. However, we are dead last in the table for most crosses in to the box. We’ve put 249 crosses in to the box compared to Wolves’ 301 in 19th. In fact, Liverpool who are top of the list have put in more than double what we have. Even if we had played 23 games as we should have by now, we’d still be last on the list by more than 20 or (on average two games’ worth of crosses). 

Why are we so low? And don’t say it’s because we don’t have any height because Liverpool have a tiny front 3. I feel like we get in to crossing positions so often and then pass back to a full back or even further back. Why?

Why would we cross the ball in?

It’s not playing to the strength of any of our attacking players. The fact we don’t is a good sign that we are playing the ball on the floor ans to the strengths of our attackers, rather than just lumping into the box and hoping for the best.

Also the fact we are top six for goals scored tells us this approach is working.

Edited by Aus Fox
  • Like 2

Rooney turned down an opportunity to interview for the Everton job, is what has been reported on Sky, rather than the he turned down the offer of the job which has been reported elsewhere. 

Still good to show loyalty, but there's a big difference between being offered a job and being invited to interview. 

4 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Rooney turned down an opportunity to interview for the Everton job, is what has been reported on Sky, rather than the he turned down the offer of the job which has been reported elsewhere. 

Still good to show loyalty, but there's a big difference between being offered a job and being invited to interview. 

I think Rooney's played a blinder here. Possibly wouldn't have got the job, would have been the wrong time and he's in win win scenario at Derby regardless of whether they go out or not.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Lampard is a terrible appointment for a team in Everton’s predicament. So far he has failed at Derby and failed at Chelsea.

He may have brought through some good young players, but certainly didn’t get the best out of the squad he had at either club.

Everton have some decent players, but needed someone who can get them playing. I think if they don’t get a new manager bounce and a couple of wins early on, they are in real trouble.

Brentford, Newcastle, Leeds and Southampton are his first 4 games, so there is a real possibility of points there. However, if they get less than 6 points it will be a tough battle to the end of the season and I don’t know if Frank has the fight in him to ensure survival.

Failed at Derby is a bit strong, got them to a playoff final in a pretty strong league that season.

15 hours ago, Corky said:

He's not going to lose at Derby- if they stay up he's a miracle worker, if they go down he had no chance.

He goes to Everton and they get relegated- it's tougher to turn around.

He's well aware of perception.

Must still be nightmare conditions to work under, no money whatsoever, I'm presuming he hardly earns a salary, constant cloud over the clubs head, must be a very difficult job compared to going to Everton getting a big salary, lots of transfer budget and working with top class players (and Andros Townsend)

1 minute ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

Must still be nightmare conditions to work under, no money whatsoever, I'm presuming he hardly earns a salary, constant cloud over the clubs head, must be a very difficult job compared to going to Everton getting a big salary, lots of transfer budget and working with top class players (and Andros Townsend)

Spot on he gets good experience in a no lose situation. Putting local rivalry aside it would be a big shame to see historic club disappear so I’d like to see him do well.