Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

Just now, st albans fox said:

The kid is WAS a £100m asset - I can’t see them doing anything unless he ends up being charged and convicted. 

Sad state of affairs for football for this to be true ….

fixed

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

The kid is a £100m asset - I can’t see them doing anything unless he ends up being charged and convicted. 

Hopefully somebody takes it upon themselves to kneecap him and take away that possibility 

Edited by foxfanazer

Just now, st albans fox said:

The kid is a £100m asset - I can’t see them doing anything unless he ends up being charged and convicted. 

As NorwichFox said, he WAS a £100m asset... Now if Man Utd get this wrong he could cost them much more than that in brand damage. 

9 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

They’ll get rid regardless of criminal convictions 

A brand like Man Utd simply cannot be associated with anything like this.

So grim. Really hope that she goes public with it and files a case against him. He deserves to be locked up and to never step foot on the pitch again. It’s indefensible, the absolute pr*ck.

Edited by Matt_Lcfc
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bert said:

The other really shite thing about it all is…. He’s too good to not play professional. So someone somewhere in the world will snap him up. 

I’d like to hope any club that signed him gets a major backlash from fans. 

This is a valid point. It’s strange as unlike Adam Johnson / Ched Evans he is a very talented footballer. Like it or not, he would walk into most PL sides but I desperately hope that clubs show respect and do not sign him. I, for one, would bin my Leicester season ticket if I saw him signing for us. 

Edited by Matt_Lcfc
  • Like 2

If Messi was caught with this at aged 24, he would still have a long line of clubs wanting to sign him. It's unfortunate but it's sadly the reality. Greenwood will still play pro football at the highest level, sadly. 

4 minutes ago, Koke said:

If Messi was caught with this at aged 24, he would still have a long line of clubs wanting to sign him. It's unfortunate but it's sadly the reality. Greenwood will still play pro football at the highest level, sadly. 

If he spends the next five years locked up then he may not be able to achieve the athletic stature required to compete at the highest level after his release

it will be dependant on his mentality and the evidence today says he likely doesn’t have it 

6 minutes ago, Koke said:

I mean if the audio is authentic he's looking at a fair few years in prison and a place on a register for life. A conviction for sexual assault won't do his prospects of getting a visa to work abroad any favours. 

I mean you're probably still right, I don't doubt he'll play professional football again sadly but I'm not sure about the highest level. 

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I mean if the audio is authentic he's looking at a fair few years in prison and a place on a register for life. A conviction for sexual assault won't do his prospects of getting a visa to work abroad any favours. 

I mean you're probably still right, I don't doubt he'll play professional football again sadly but I'm not sure about the highest level. 

Also worth noting that PR is central to decent sized clubs. Playing devils advocate to an extent as I am aware that the justice system is flawed but wouldn’t clubs be worried about the negative publicity? If clubs want to protect a ‘global brand’ then signing a sex offender is very risky.

Edited by Matt_Lcfc

17 minutes ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

This is a valid point. It’s strange as unlike Adam Johnson / Ched Evans he is a very talented footballer. Like it or not, he would walk into most PL sides but I desperately hope that clubs show respect and do not sign him. I, for one, would bin my Leicester season ticket if I saw him signing for us. 

I don't think you'll be needing to do that at our club. 

The obvious question (which I haven’t seen) is why has the young lady released this into the public domain rather than taking it to the police? 

this evidence being made public could also be used in any trial as a defence argument that greenwood can’t get a fair trial 

seems a bit odd to me …..

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Spudulike said:

I don't think you'll be needing to do that at our club. 

Neither. However, it would not surprise me if a side jumped at the opportunity later down the line and I really hope that supporters take a stand against it.

12 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I'm not sure it would be admissable as evidence.