Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

1 minute ago, Voll Blau said:

Man United tweeting out shite about Fernandes being at the club for two years. Honestly, do the social media gurus these clubs employ have no common sense?

Just thought the same. Wishing Berbatov happy birthday ffs. Release the statement and do not post anything for a solid 24-48 hours. 

I feel that it demonstrates a lack of empathy.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

The obvious question (which I haven’t seen) is why has the young lady released this into the public domain rather than taking it to the police? 

this evidence being made public could also be used in any trial as a defence argument that greenwood can’t get a fair trial 

seems a bit odd to me …..

Sadly even after #metoo, an accusation alone isn't enough for some people to be brought to justice. It's very difficult to convince authorities and major employers to even investigate a wealthy and powerful man and even then conviction rates are frighteningly low. 

What worries me is if she had tried to get help before and been refused, then had no choice but to record it happening again to prove her story. There were rumours back when B. Mendy was first arrested that it was Greenwood who fit the description, so his behaviour may have already been well known before.

As for possibly prejudicing a trial, from the looks of it she uploaded it to her private instagram account and a friend has recorded it and released it. MG will probably get a scumbag lawyer to try and make the audio file inadmissible, but she can just claim she shared it with trusted friends and had no part in releasing it to the wider public.

Rape cases are extremely complex though, which is why the B. Mendy case is taking so long.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

This is a valid point. It’s strange as unlike Adam Johnson / Ched Evans he is a very talented footballer. Like it or not, he would walk into most PL sides but I desperately hope that clubs show respect and do not sign him. I, for one, would bin my Leicester season ticket if I saw him signing for us. 

Point of order. Ched Evans was found not guilty after a retrial

• Like 2

Just now, Sampson said:

Marcus Alonso plays for the European champions. He'll play football again no doubt about it.

I am not sure how you’d do this and I get it’s an easy statement to make but the justice system needs reforming. What the privileged get away with in comparison to less fortunate segments of society is ridiculous really.

8 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Sadly even after #metoo, an accusation alone isn't enough for some people to be brought to justice. It's very difficult to convince authorities and major employers to even investigate a wealthy and powerful man and even then conviction rates are frighteningly low. 

What worries me is if she had tried to get help before and been refused, then had no choice but to record it happening again to prove her story. There were rumours back when B. Mendy was first arrested that it was Greenwood who fit the description, so his behaviour may have already been well known before.

As for possibly prejudicing a trial, from the looks of it she uploaded it to her private instagram account and a friend has recorded it and released it. MG will probably get a scumbag lawyer to try and make the audio file inadmissible, but she can just claim she shared it with trusted friends and had no part in releasing it to the wider public.

Rape cases are extremely complex though, which is why the B. Mendy case is taking so long.

It’s not just an accusation - she has audio and photographic evidence that seems very strong ….no way would the police not arrest him on the back of that. It could be that previous attempts by her were not followed up by an arrest but this is different. 

24 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

I don't think you'll be needing to do that at our club. 

Our club forgave a domestic  abuse incident.  A different level but...

I had forgotten Ched Evans was found innocent at a retrial.  Remembering some evidence from the case, it is a little surprising.

From what I can gather,  Ryan Giggs ' former club, Manchester United, knew about this and continued to let him play.  Alongside Ronaldo.

27 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

The obvious question (which I haven’t seen) is why has the young lady released this into the public domain rather than taking it to the police? 

this evidence being made public could also be used in any trial as a defence argument that greenwood can’t get a fair trial 

seems a bit odd to me …..

Well, imagine this broke without those pics and audio... We would be having a very different conversation. One about gold diggers and false accusations and such. 

Then, the police would block her from releasing anything and if he were to be found not guilty, she would be marred for the rest of her life as a liar and much worse. 

IMO, she done the right thing. Release it THEN be ordered to take it down before she is silenced by courts and lawyers with the prospect of never being able to tell her story. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Scotch said:

Well, imagine this broke without those pics and audio... We would be having a very different conversation. One about gold diggers and false accusations and such. 

Then, the police would block her from releasing anything and if he were to be found not guilty, she would be marred for the rest of her life as a liar and much worse. 

IMO, she done the right thing. Release it THEN be ordered to take it down before she is silenced by courts and lawyers with the prospect of never being able to tell her story. 

Don’t agree with your initial statement 

no one said that about  mendy when he was arrested.   We would know nothing about her identity - just that an un named footballer had been taken in for questioning.  And how would he be found not guilty with that level of evidence? 

25 minutes ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

I am not sure how you’d do this and I get it’s an easy statement to make but the justice system needs reforming. What the privileged get away with in comparison to less fortunate segments of society is ridiculous really.

Financial crimes against certain sections of  the "establishment" seem to get tougher sentences

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Don’t agree with your initial statement 

no one said that about  mendy when he was arrested.   We would know nothing about her identity - just that an un named footballer had been taken in for questioning.  And how would he be found not guilty with that level of evidence? 

We see it all the time. Generally when a famous person is accused of something, their fans automatic reaction is to defend them. Her releasing what she did makes that harder. 

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

It’s not just an accusation - she has audio and photographic evidence that seems very strong ….no way would the police not arrest him on the back of that. It could be that previous attempts by her were not followed up by an arrest but this is different. 

Like I said, these things are extremely complex and that’s probably why she’s taken down her social media accounts, on police or lawyer advice. 

His defence lawyers could argue that she has prejudiced a jury trial by releasing to to the public, which is why I said in my previous post she probably released it to her private account and a friend/relative uploaded it without her consent. 

There’s been many examples in which accused men have won trials because accusing victims have had their previous sexual history or social media used against them; similarly there’s a couple of cases in the last few years in which men had their rape convictions overturned after the alleging women’s phones had been examined after a conviction trial and evidence of consent or conspiracy to make a false allegation has been found. 

This is also why the last few pages of this topic will have to be deleted like they were when the allegations agains that Everton player came out.

This now needs to be handled by the police and CPS to make sure he gets a fair trial.

1 minute ago, purpleronnie said:

Hopefully his career will be over and he'll have to take a regular job.  And when he wakes up every morning to do his poorly paid 9-5 job it will be a  reminder of what he did.

You'd think he should have already amassed enough money with their crazy wages to never work again regardless. But I hope what you said is true.

20 minutes ago, majaco said:

Our club forgave a domestic  abuse incident.  A different level but...

I had forgotten Ched Evans was found innocent at a retrial.  Remembering some evidence from the case, it is a little surprising.

From what I can gather,  Ryan Giggs ' former club, Manchester United, knew about this and continued to let him play.  Alongside Ronaldo.

It's not when you saw the evidence they dismissed. 

Just now, LCFCCHRIS said:

You'd think he should have already amassed enough money with their crazy wages to never work again regardless. But I hope what you said is true.

Hopefully not, and hopefully he's as stupid as his actions and he's squandered all his money away.

• Like 1

There's absolutely no way he will play professional football again. 

With visible evidence seen by the public, that now will never be erased, it will follow him everywhere he goes.  Especially with the powers of social media now days. 

Imagine the boycotts clubs will get for even giving him a trial. The aggro, anger and potential violence from fans if he comes onto the pitch. Surely clubs would not risk it. 

Hope he rots and she gets all the support she needs. 

2 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Hope he gets proper jail time in a proper prison, no "special wing" nonsense. 

He will get the same treatment in jail as he dished out.

1 hour ago, Bert said:

The other really shite thing about it all is…. He’s too good to not play professional. So someone somewhere in the world will snap him up. 

I’d like to hope any club that signed him gets a major backlash from fans. 

Would the Saudi's disappoint us? I mean, they keep their hands off of newcastle apparently so i imagine it would be okay for him to play there one day?

4 minutes ago, CollinsLCFC said:

There's absolutely no way he will play professional football again. 

With visible evidence seen by the public, that now will never be erased, it will follow him everywhere he goes.  Especially with the powers of social media now days. 

Imagine the boycotts clubs will get for even giving him a trial. The aggro, anger and potential violence from fans if he comes onto the pitch. Surely clubs would not risk it. 

Hope he rots and she gets all the support she needs. 

I hope this would be the case and fans wouldn't excuse his actions to acquire a talented player for their club

I cannot get that audio clip out of my head, utterly horrifying.  This clearly wasn't the first time.  Equally horrific is the fact she had to put it on social media to be believed.  It makes you wonder if she had reported it before and was shut down. It wouldn't be the first time this has happened either sadly.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Hales said:

I cannot get that audio clip out of my head, utterly horrifying.  This clearly wasn't the first time.  Equally horrific is the fact she had to put it on social media to be believed.  It makes you wonder if she had reported it before and was shut down. It wouldn't be the first time this has happened either sadly.  

Me neither mate. What an absolute piece of scum he is 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CollinsLCFC said:

I'm not sure if I'm completely making this up, but wasn't there rumours circulating on social media a few months back of Greenwood being in trouble with the police? 

I think people were speculating that he was the "PL player" who turned out to be a certain Everton player.