Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

14 minutes ago, CollinsLCFC said:

I'm not sure if I'm completely making this up, but wasn't there rumours circulating on social media a few months back of Greenwood being in trouble with the police? 

6 minutes ago, Scotch said:

I think people were speculating that he was the "PL player" who turned out to be a certain Everton player. 

There were loads who said it was Greenwood, which makes me think it was widely known in some circles that he was an abuser.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Buce said:

Why does something need to have 'happened in his life'?

Sometimes people are just c**** for no discernable reason.

Not saying anything has to have happened, but it could be something that has affected him and influenced his actions. One common example is learned behaviour from an abusive parent (either to him or what he's seen a parent do to another). 

By the way, not making excuses for him. Not in any way at all. 

1 hour ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

Yeah, you’re right actually. Still, I’m convinced that clubs didn’t want to touch him more because he was rubbish though.

He wasn't rubbish though, his last season with Sheffield United prior to going to prison would have seen him earn a decent move

10 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

He wasn't rubbish though, his last season with Sheffield United prior to going to prison would have seen him earn a decent move

True but the two aren’t comparable. Greenwood was one of the most in demand footballers in the league, Adams was mediocre at best.

Edited by Matt_Lcfc

1 hour ago, majaco said:

Our club forgave a domestic  abuse incident.  A different level but...

I had forgotten Ched Evans was found innocent at a retrial.  Remembering some evidence from the case, it is a little surprising.

From what I can gather,  Ryan Giggs ' former club, Manchester United, knew about this and continued to let him play.  Alongside Ronaldo.

What’s Ronaldo done?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Stevosevic said:

The percentage of footballers who are absolute morons or scumbags is ridiculously high compared to the rest of society. 

It really does stain the sport for me. 

I never fully cared when players go out on the piss/gambling (Maddison) or do stupid tiktok dances on social media (Lingard) or dye their hair every week whilst dabbing (Pogba) Some people feel morally superior and get upset at these antics but I never understand the outrage. Even players cheating on their spouse (Foden) is very meh to me. This stuff and Alonso, Mendy etc is deserving of wall to wall outcry.

• Like 1

I've been calling Alonso "killer" in this forum for a while, and the recent responses in this thread now make me think that people will have assumed I was referring to his defensive acumen.  Sigh...

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

I've been calling Alonso "killer" in this forum for a while, and the recent responses in this thread now make me think that people will have assumed I was referring to his defensive acumen.  Sigh...

I’m surprised of the amount of people who didn’t know this

You often hear ‘Murderer, murderer’ chanted at him 

• Like 2