Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

Like I said, these things are extremely complex and that’s probably why she’s taken down her social media accounts, on police or lawyer advice. 

His defence lawyers could argue that she has prejudiced a jury trial by releasing to to the public, which is why I said in my previous post she probably released it to her private account and a friend/relative uploaded it without her consent. 

There’s been many examples in which accused men have won trials because accusing victims have had their previous sexual history or social media used against them; similarly there’s a couple of cases in the last few years in which men had their rape convictions overturned after the alleging women’s phones had been examined after a conviction trial and evidence of consent or conspiracy to make a false allegation has been found. 

This is also why the last few pages of this topic will have to be deleted like they were when the allegations agains that Everton player came out.

This now needs to be handled by the police and CPS to make sure he gets a fair trial.

His lawyers' potential argument wouldn't hold much weight there because, at this stage, he's not been nicked or charged wuth anything. So the victim's only potential legal problem from doing what she's done is a defamation case (which Greenwood would probably lose if he was daft enough to try and sue), rather than it being seen as material that could prejudice a jury.

The potential issue may arise if Football Twitter virgins start publishing the evidence all over the place after legal proceedings become active.

But yeah, she was wise to take the posts down nonetheless, as you say.

18 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

There is an injunction apparently for the 2020 incident which is why it wasn't reported. The club therefore knew.  Absolutely disgusting and no wonder the poor girl had to go public.  They allowed his behaviour to continue. Why on earth are they covering up his behaviour! Money over what's right clearly.  

56 minutes ago, buzzer_b said:

Just read up on it. Going 70mph in a 30mph zone, in wet conditions.

Jesus wept.

While between 2-3 times over the drink driving limit as well.

Allegedly paid off the victim's family half a million Euros which is what got him out of jail time (what's that? About 2 weeks wages for him?) as well. Pretty sure the delay of the court case by 4 years (all this time he was still playing for Bolton and Fiorentina for the 4 years in between btw) was also said to be a factor in letting him off without jail time.

Edited by Sampson

2 minutes ago, Hales said:

There is an injunction apparently for the 2020 incident which is why it wasn't reported. The club therefore knew.  Absolutely disgusting and no wonder the poor girl had to go public.  They allowed his behaviour to continue. Why on earth are they covering up his behaviour! Money over what's right clearly.  

Apparently there was a bloke who played for Molde (presumably under OGS) who was wanted for rape crimes. He’s still on the run. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-51533872

Southgate clearly knew Greenwood was a wrong un (generally speaking) I just thought he wasn’t being picked because he’s overrated (which he is/was) 

He's an unbelievable talent. There's no way his career is over.

He will end up playing in Turkey or Greece for a season or two, then after tearing it up he will end up playing for a decent club in Italy or Spain. 

Don't expect moral or ethical standards when the games become a multi billion pound super industry. 

Man United have to sack him because of sponsors and their brand but he will still make a lot of money from the game. 

5 minutes ago, Sampson said:

While between 2-3 times over the drink driving limit as well.

Allegedly paid off the victim's family half a million Euros which is what got him out of jail time (what's that? About 2 weeks wages for him?) as well. Pretty sure the delay of the court case by 4 years (all this time he was still playing for Bolton and Fiorentina for the 4 years in between btw) was also said to be a factor in letting him off without jail time.

Absolute disgrace. I’m surprised he’s been able to perform at such a top level considering his case.

Just now, The whole world smiles said:

He will end up playing in Turkey or Greece for a season or two, then after tearing it up he will end up playing for a decent club in Italy or Spain. 

Don't expect moral or ethical standards when the games become a multi billion pound super industry. 

Man United have to sack him because of sponsors and their brand but he will still make a lot of money from the game. 

Yep believe it or not there are clubs that will always be willing to sign him 

7 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

What could they do though other than not select him?

Anything more than that would raise questions that couldn’t be answered without breaking the injunction 

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

he didn’t pick him - what else can he or the FA can do ? 

Maybe I should of done my homework. I would of thought he would of played at least one international game within that time frame but obviously not. 

3 hours ago, st albans fox said:

The obvious question (which I haven’t seen) is why has the young lady released this into the public domain rather than taking it to the police? 

this evidence being made public could also be used in any trial as a defence argument that greenwood can’t get a fair trial 

seems a bit odd to me …..

I was talking to my wife about this. 

She seems to think it could have been quashed or censored by his legal team, so more impactful and to a degree he’ll get a lot more backlash this way. 

1 minute ago, buzzer_b said:

Maybe I should of done my homework. I would of thought he would of played at least one international game within that time frame but obviously not. 

He and foden were sent home from Iceland for smuggling girls into their room

they were then omitted from the following squad 

foden returned but greenwood strangely didn’t ………. Now we know why …..

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Would he get a work permit to play though? But more difficult now with Brexit and all. 

2 minutes ago, Sly said:

I was talking to my wife about this. 

She seems to think it could have been quashed or censored by his legal team, so more impactful and to a degree he’ll get a lot more backlash this way. 

From the statement made by her father, the publication of the insta post was down to her phone being hacked ……. not sure how that plays out in court …..

4 minutes ago, Hales said:

If the 2020 injunction rumours are true then she tried before and was silenced so she obviously felt she had no choice but to go public. Very brave of her and as a woman I salute her and stand with her. Nobody should be subjected to that.

If it's the same woman...?

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

From the statement made by her father, the publication of the insta post was down to her phone being hacked ……. not sure how that plays out in court …..

Yes, I hadn’t got that far through the thread when I saw that. 

Still very odd to record it though, so at some point it must have potentially crossed her mind. 

Legally, I believe the CPS have powers to prosecute, whether the victim chooses to or now. 

• Like 1