Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

Just now, Sly said:

Yes, I hadn’t got that far through the thread when I saw that. 

Still very odd to record it though, so at some point it must have potentially crossed her mind. 

Legally, I believe the CPS have powers to prosecute, whether the victim chooses to or now. 

They do don’t they

Was it that Amber Heard case?

If he goes down there’ll be clubs waiting at the prison entrance to sign him as he walks out.

Lee Hughes and Alonso have been mentioned. 

Don’t forget Luke McCormick either (causing the death of two children through drink-driving), who Plymouth re-signed not long after he was released. He went on to become captain for several years and is still on their books 10 years later. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Im a bit useless with the law but isn't there a worry that she might not want to go through will all of this and just want it all dropping? He can still be charged right?

Yes I think so

If the CPS believe there’s a wider threat to the public or that it’s in the interests of the public then they will

Any court case is always CPS v Defendant, not Victim v Defendant 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Im a bit useless with the law but isn't there a worry that she might not want to go through will all of this and just want it all dropping? He can still be charged right?

Yes, victimless prosecution. CPS decision, not the victims. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just read about this, hope she sees this through and doesnt bottle out.

Hes a scumbag, imagine if he has a sister and some bloke did this to her. Bet his mums well proud.

If that was my son, I'd knock him out.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

He's an unbelievable talent. There's no way his career is over.

He will end up playing in Turkey or Greece for a season or two, then after tearing it up he will end up playing for a decent club in Italy or Spain. 

Don't expect moral or ethical standards when the games become a multi billion pound super industry. 

Man United have to sack him because of sponsors and their brand but he will still make a lot of money from the game. 

If he's not charged with anything, or found not guilty of any offence, then another club can easily justify employing him. 

Hypothetically,.if he were to be charged and then found guilty, if he served his sentence, again a club could easily justify employing him.on the basis his punishment was duly served. 

Either way, as you say, he'll make a decent living from the game, at worst,  in Russia or Turkey or China 

This is already a complex, unpleasant and sad situation, that has been rendered far more messy because the accusation has been made on social media, rather than to the police - especially now there’s this claim that her accounts were hacked. It looks very bad for Greenwood on the basis of what’s been shared, and he looks obviously guilty but I don’t envy the police officers and lawyers whose lap this ends up on. It’s going to be a right mess to sort out. 

Just now, Muzzy_no7 said:

It’s an odd statement, if it is one at all 

I can only presume the statement has come from someone who hasn't listened to that audio recording,because if he had there is no way he should be that polite.

And odd that the statement went straight for the 'hacked' line, when i thought the earlier story was that the stuff was originally posted to a private group and leaked that way. As poster said earlier, this very much feels like step 1 in operation cover up.

3 minutes ago, Strokes said:

There is a huge difference between making a terrible decision that has disastrous consequences and deliberately harming and causing prolonged distress of another human being.

One can be rehabilitated, the other in my opinion can never be trusted again.

Exactly, couldn't have put it better myself.

• Like 2