Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

57 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

They do don’t they

Was it that Amber Heard case?

Heard vs Depp isn't/wasn't a legal case in this country. It was actually a libel case Depp vs whichever tabloid, the Sun or the Mail I assume. They called him a wife beater, he sued, a judge heard extensive testimony from both and ruled he had no grounds and that wife beater was a valid description. 

The police / CPS took action against Ched Evans, not the victim. 

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Police have made an arrest .

Which is exactly why the last few pages of this thread should prob be deleted and anyone commenting from now on should be careful of what they say. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This might seem waaaayyy of the mark but is this why Man Utd signed Sancho, secretly knowing Greenwood had a) been up to no good before and b) may get up to no good again? 

They apparently knew of his previous misdemeanours. 

9 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Heard vs Depp isn't/wasn't a legal case in this country. It was actually a libel case Depp vs whichever tabloid, the Sun or the Mail I assume. They called him a wife beater, he sued, a judge heard extensive testimony from both and ruled he had no grounds and that wife beater was a valid description. 

If memory serves Depp’s case was against News International for an article/headline by Dan Whootan calling him a wife beater. He submitted evidence proving he’d been subject to abuse by Heard but as you said the judge ruled it was a valid description. The same judge blocked an appeal and there’s been claims that his son actually works for News International, but I don’t know what happened there. There’s a court case taking place in Virginia this year between them because she wrote an op-Ed for Washington Post I think, referring to herself as a survivor but not actually naming him. Costing mega bucks apparently. 

Just now, urban.spaceman said:

If memory serves Depp’s case was against News International for an article/headline by Dan Whootan calling him a wife beater. He submitted evidence proving he’d been subject to abuse by Heard but as you said the judge ruled it was a valid description. The same judge blocked an appeal and there’s been claims that his son actually works for News International, but I don’t know what happened there. There’s a court case taking place in Virginia this year between them because she wrote an op-Ed for Washington Post I think, referring to herself as a survivor but not actually naming him. Costing mega bucks apparently. 

I think anyone with a brain can read between the extensively messy lines that have been drawn out through their mutual mud slinging and agree they're both fvcking terrible people and their relationship was a toxic shit show. 

There's such a significant volume of accusations on both sides by both each other and their respective former partners that whilst they probably have both lied there's also likely enough truth in there for anyone with any sense to swerve them both forever. 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Thanks

I got my wires crossed there big time

1 minute ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Thanks

I got my wires crossed there big time

With the depressingly high volume of incidents where powerful, wealthy and/or famous men have been utterly disgusting to women its sadly easy to lose track. 

• Like 3

Tbh I am in no way surprised by this. I've worked with young lads in the past who were into gangs and such - but at least their excuse was they were groomed into it. Nasty little bastards, still but that behaviour was trained.

Any of these footballers/ actors, etc who do this - it's not really anything to do with sex. It's about the power. They get everything thrown at them. 

It won't happen but I hope this and Mendy's cases bring about a code of conduct, as well as clampdown on wages and such for under 23 players. 

5 minutes ago, Stephen Hughes said:

Sorry for asking you to explain the obvious, but can you please? 

I mean, before it was a case of folk speculating on an allegation that had been made. Now? It's an active police investigation that will likely end up in court. 

I'm not entirely certain of the legal ramifications of posting speculation and rumours of such a case online but I imagine that certain ramifications would exist in order to protect the case and ensure a fair trial. 

1 minute ago, Scotch said:

I mean, before it was a case of folk speculating on an allegation that had been made. Now? It's an active police investigation that will likely end up in court. 

I'm not entirely certain of the legal ramifications of posting speculation and rumours of such a case online but I imagine that certain ramifications would exist in order to protect the case and ensure a fair trial. 

I have to disagree, the public outcry should not be stifled, the potential for positive policy change that will come from it is huge, strike whilst the irons hot, hold people and systems to account now before this has a chance to develop sensationalized media circus like the Epstein and maxwell trials from which no good has came for the victims

2 minutes ago, Tim'llFixIt said:

I have to disagree, the public outcry should not be stifled, the potential for positive policy change that will come from it is huge, strike whilst the irons hot, hold people and systems to account now before this has a chance to develop sensationalized media circus like the Epstein and maxwell trials from which no good has came for the victims

Oh, I 100% agree with you in that such massive stories should be used to draw attention to the matter and used to give other victims a voice. No arguments there. 

However,anything specific to this case such as "I heard he's this or I was told she done that" can effect the case both for and against both parties in that it can sway a jury with a misconception that may or may not be accurate. This can hurt the case and prevent justice from being done. 

So by all means, use it to flame the fires of publicity that will promote positive change but not at the expense of a fair and accurate trial. 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Scotch said:

Yes, but as this story broke on social media and - as they’ll now be millions of comments on football forums up and down the country - I doubt a stray comment on Foxes Talk is going to prejudice any police enquiry too much. 

• Like 2

This is likely to be a long and drawn out investigation whereby only a small part of the story is public knowledge. Essentially, the evidence available at this time is a series of photographs from alleged assaults, and an audio recording on someone being pressured into sexual intercourse - More commonly known as Rape.

The first difficulty will likely be if Greenwood denies that he caused the injuries, or denies that it was his voice that could be heard in the recording. Best case scenario is that the victim presents those screen recordings as formal evidence and provides police with a statement. If this was to happen, you then have the difficulties of it being one word against the other.

The police are known as 'Evidence Gatherers'. They will gather all of the available evidence and present it to the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) given the severity of the crime, the police will not be able to make a charging decision. 

If this matter was to actually make it to court, There has to be evidence, and a ruling, of 'Beyond Reasonable doubt'.

It won't be uncommon that in domestic violence cases, it's one word against the other, and as such, a lot of cases won't even make it to court. The spot light will be on this case, so the Police will have to make every decision carefully, as will the CPS, and they will have to heavily justify why they are, or are not charging.

If Greenwood isn't charged, it sets a huge, and unhealthy, precedent that this kind of behavior is acceptable and that you have every chance of getting away with it.

Regardless of police action, Manchester United will now be under a lot of pressure in regards to how they deal with the matter internally. As it stands, Greenwood is innocent until proven guilty, and even if he isn't charged with any offences, the spot light will move on to how the club go from there.

Domestic Violence is a huge topic at the minute and there is a lot of money & attention being invested in the matter.

This will certainly be interesting..

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RonnieTodger said:

We joke about crap opinions on Foxestalk but I’m glad nobody has posted anything close to some of the shite that I’ve read on Twitter. 

That app can be such a cesspit. 

Absolute weirdos mate, not sure if it's attention seeking, there are some dangerous blokes around.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Asha said:

If he goes down there’ll be clubs waiting at the prison entrance to sign him as he walks out.

Lee Hughes and Alonso have been mentioned. 

Don’t forget Luke McCormick either (causing the death of two children through drink-driving), who Plymouth re-signed not long after he was released. He went on to become captain for several years and is still on their books 10 years later. 

Nah, he toast in these days and age, especially with the whole social media. In any top league and certainly in whole England.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RonnieTodger said:

We joke about crap opinions on Foxestalk but I’m glad nobody has posted anything close to some of the shite that I’ve read on Twitter. 

That app can be such a cesspit. 

Glad I’m not a part of it.

2 minutes ago, That_Dude said:

Nah, he toast in these days and age, especially with the whole social media. In any top league and certainly in whole England.

I hope so man!

But for example, can you not see a PL club, fighting relegation and desperately needing some goals, signing him as a free agent down the line? 

5 minutes ago, Asha said:

I hope so man!

But for example, can you not see a PL club, fighting relegation and desperately needing some goals, signing him as a free agent down the line? 

I imagine from the audio clip gone out today the absolute uproar from the fanbases if someone took him on would soon cut any deal apart. 

• Like 2

These guys needs to be education to respect women and we need more of that from the media.

Bit of a tangent but certain online channels from their early days circa 2014 have a lot to answer for in the way they condoned and influenced the idea of treating women like objects. Since their fan base is huge I'm sure they've influenced some of their fans. I remember at the time thinking they took things a bit too far but they both got totally got away with their shit and continued to make money afterwards by toning down their views but only after the initial extreme lads approach.

Edited by Nalis

20 minutes ago, Asha said:

I hope so man!

Nah.

Not with what that poor lass posted on the net. The pics and audio will instantly pop out as soon as any club makes a move for him, causing immediate outrage from the fans. No way he's playing again in England, unless by some kind of an insane twist the whole case turns out to be a scam. Which I personally highly doubt, to put it mildly.

Feck him.

Edited by That_Dude
  • Like 1