Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

If, this happened in 2020 as is being reported, and if the club knew about it and covered it up. Alongside the scumbag who committed the acts, serious questions have to be asked about the character of Solskjaer.

This isn’t the first time he’s covered up something like this, and who knows how many more times he has.

He should be facing serious punishment and should not be welcome in our game again.

Also Manchester United FC should face a huge punishment as an organisation, it would never happen, but I’d love to see any club found guilty of covering up crimes of their players facing a maximum penalty of relegation, with points deductions and huge fines also a possibility.

The player involved will rightly be shamed, but the organisation that has allowed this continued abuse should now also be shamed and punished for its actions.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Asha said:

I hope so man!

But for example, can you not see a PL club, fighting relegation and desperately needing some goals, signing him as a free agent down the line? 

Not a chance in this day an age he gets another chance at the PL level.

Supporter and sponsor pressure will be too great for him to be worth a shot and it would end up costing more that it’s worth.

1 hour ago, RonnieTodger said:

We joke about crap opinions on Foxestalk but I’m glad nobody has posted anything close to some of the shite that I’ve read on Twitter. 

That app can be such a cesspit. 

You didn't read some of the posts on RedCafe. While they were in the absolute minority, it makes you fear for humanity and the mods had to lock the thread.

8 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Not a chance in this day an age he gets another chance at the PL level.

Supporter and sponsor pressure will be too great for him to be worth a shot and it would end up costing more that it’s worth.

As already mentioned, multiple players have committed serious crimes and have gone on to play again after they served their time. Remember Marcos Alonso is a European champion. 

1 minute ago, That_Dude said:

You didn't read some of the posts on RedCafe. While they were in the absolute minority, it makes you fear for humanity and the mods had to lock the thread.

As always there will be plenty of people online pretending to be United fans to give them a bad name. They don't believe what they're writing

Just now, bovril said:

As always there will be plenty of people online pretending to be United fans to give them a bad name. They don't believe what they're writing

This is quite true to an extent. A lot of newbies among the nutcases but also a few older posters. I personally can't fathom such behavior from either side. 

8 minutes ago, Koke said:

As already mentioned, multiple players have committed serious crimes and have gone on to play again after they served their time. Remember Marcos Alonso is a European champion. 

The main difference is it’s not as high profile case, I didn’t even know about the Alonso incident until reading this thread. 
Ans although that shouldn’t make a difference, it does when sponsors walk away due to the association with a player who has knowingly done something as atrocious as this.

It is also worth noting that although relatively short time ago for player mentioned Hughes, Evans and Alonso, the world has changed in terms of attitudes and what we accept in the last few years.  Greenwood will not be allowed near a professional club again.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Im a bit useless with the law but isn't there a worry that she might not want to go through will all of this and just want it all dropping? He can still be charged right?

Well yeah…. Of course. 

2 hours ago, Scotch said:

Which is exactly why the last few pages of this thread should prob be deleted and anyone commenting from now on should be careful of what they say. 

I have warned everyone this morning and will make the same warning again. Please be considerate of what you all post on this topic. Obviously it’s a hot topic and absolutely newsworthy and people will want to talk about it and not something we want to have lock. Yourself and the the website could become liable to prosecution should you cross the line and I don’t want that for anyone. 

• Like 3

Won't name him for obvious reasons, but there's been no mention on an Everton player since suspicions were raised last year regarding something fairly similar to this incident.

Edited by Wymsey
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Won't name him for obvious reasons, but there's been no mention on a Everton player since suspicions were raised last year regarding something fairly similar to this incident.

I also thought about this today. It’s as if he’s just vanished into thin air.

Edited by buzzer_b
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Won't name him for obvious reasons, but there's been no mention on a Everton player since suspicions were raised last year regarding something fairly similar to this incident.

it’s pretty well known what situation he was involved in - we don’t know all the details though …… no doubt this will become public in time 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, st albans fox said:

I have wondered why Southgate seems to never pick greenwood - maybe this isn’t ‘news’ within the footballing community…..

This is the disturbing thing. I wonder if she released the images and recording on social media because she couldn't get any traction otherwise?

Maybe the club has known for a long time and tried to cover it up? Which is disgusting if that's the case. Then there's the article where ole is protecting his rapist (allegedly) friend footballer by sending him out to Saudi Arabia so he couldn't face charges.

Then there's Ryan Giggs as well.  Man Utd have form for covering for nasty people. 

I think this story will get worse if the truth is ever uncovered.

Edited by Grebfromgrebland

15 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

This is the disturbing thing. I wonder if she released the images and recording on social media because she couldn't get any traction otherwise?

Maybe the club has known for a long time and tried to cover it up? Which is disgusting if that's the case. Then there's the article where ole is protecting his rapist (allegedly) friend footballer by sending him out to Saudi Arabia so he couldn't face charges.

Then there's Ryan Giggs as well.  Man Utd have form for covering for nasty people. 

I think this story will get worse if the truth is ever uncovered.

I suppose this is the devil of taking the gilded coin. Too much financial interest to have a moral compass guiding things. 

The entire Giggs situation was grubby. 

1 hour ago, Wymsey said:

Won't name him for obvious reasons, but there's been no mention on an Everton player since suspicions were raised last year regarding something fairly similar to this incident.

I find that situation very odd. Everyone knows the accusations and it hasn't even been publicly addressed. 

None of my business, like, but can't help but wonder.