Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

Guest Kopfkino
2 hours ago, goody2028 said:

Everton signings are actually not as good as people are making out. 

They’re really bad at spending money but they have still managed to spend money this season despite supposedly not having any money to spend. The scary thing with Everton is they might actually get it right sometime and we won’t be able to compete

So what if the conversation goes off track a bit?

We are in the middle of a break in Premier League football.  :dunno:

Anyway, that transfer window made me dislike Everton and Newcastle that bit more. 

Sadly, I think Newcastle will climb, but I'd really like it to be at Everton's expense.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

I remember talking to a Spurs fan in 2017 about how our title win was a fluke, and that Spurs would win a trophy before us, and that they'd sell Kane and Alli for a combined £300m.

That went well.

I honestly thought Alli would eventually sign for a top club. His first three seasons at Spurs were very good, especially for a player that had just come from League 1.

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

I honestly thought Alli would eventually sign for a top club. His first three seasons at Spurs were very good, especially for a player that had just come from League 1.

Genuine question. .Does anyone know what actually happened Alli . ?

Was it the Mourinho effect or is there some other reason.  As you say he had so much promise after his initial move to Spurs.

Not sure why Everton signed Dele and Van Der Beek, I'm assuming one would have to play wide in a front 3. 

In the short term, Its been pretty sensible from Newcastle really, signing players who improve them but signed players used to the league and won't take long to settle. Apart from the Bruno guy.

They'll all be scrapped if they survive relegation of course but the likes of Burn and Wood will stay if they go down. 

Never really been a fan of the January transfer window. Very hard to get value.

So I’m not really disappointed about the fact we haven’t signed anyone.

We have a lot of gaps in the squad at the moment but ultimately we can’t sign players on 3-4 year deals just to help us over 3-4 months, particularly when you bear in mind the training ground/stadium. 

Edited by leicesterseddon

2 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

Genuine question. .Does anyone know what actually happened Alli . ?

Was it the Mourinho effect or is there some other reason.  As you say he had so much promise after his initial move to Spurs.

He fell off before Mou came in, Mou got a bit of a tune out of him then just dumped him

• Like 1

3 hours ago, los dedos said:

That assessment and advice by Jose is a lesson for us all in our careers lol. “ demand more from yourself!” 
I think I’ll print that and put it on the bathroom mirror lol.

so deli alley what you gonna do?

• Like 1

It’s a really odd case with Alli. He has all the ability in the world. When he burst onto the scene he looked to be a generational talent. I would guess he was given the keys to the castle a bit too early at Spurs in terms of money etc, killed his drive and motivation. Disrupted personnel changes can’t have helped either, seems like a player who really needs to be looked after by his coaches. 

The Jose video is hardly a glimpse into what makes an elite manager that was all basic stuff & i'm sure up & down the country every manager has similar chats with their players, if this is all it takes then BR is elite in turning Maddison around after his slump & getting that tune out of Barnes pre-injury etc.

Lot of people mocking Everton & Dele but i wouldn't be suprised if Lampard gets the best out of him & not because he's a better manager than Jose or Conte but because its a major change for Dele which is probably what he really needed, somewhere away to start fresh & re-invent himself.
The fact that Lampard is English & understands what every english footballer thinks & feels growing up wanting to be a professional footballer in England & probably a player Dele looked on as a role model & wanted to emulate will help him also.

Edited by BKLFox
  • Like 1