Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

6 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Deli alli came across as a, to be kind, complete and total moron in that documentary. Not just a bit daft but a genuine idiot. 

Well we’re guaranteed to concede at least two against Everton in the two games - gray at their place and dele at ours …..

Just now, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Completely unrelated to his football ability, he seems to float through a lot of games and jog about but when he's on it he's brilliant. 

It’s a bit odd - the narrative is that he’s lazy but afaik, the running stats don’t back that up …. Maybe it’s a lack of intensity and getting stuck in which would seem to be a mindset thing.

NAh he’s a classic kid not an idiot. Good advice goes in one ear and out the other. They do what they wanna do when they wanna do it if they feel like it. I don’t envy any manager as it’s taxing after a while if the player doesn’t have enough self drive to do the work. Coaches have an entire team to keep in line so if one is consistently not pulling his weight he’s gonna get forgotten and that man what seems to have happened in deli. Like Jose said it’s up to him to figure it out BUT time is running out! This might be his last chance saloon

55 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

It’s a bit odd - the narrative is that he’s lazy but afaik, the running stats don’t back that up …. Maybe it’s a lack of intensity and getting stuck in which would seem to be a mindset thing.

It’s just lazy analysis. Any time a player like him is simply being ineffective people call it laziness. Same happens to Maddison and Kel. 

People mistake poor execution or things not coming off as a lack of effort. Nobody questions their effort when they are scoring though 🤔

Edited by Lambert09

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

That's what I mean by floating through games, not that he doesn't try and have an impact just what he does is totally ineffective, it's almost a juxtaposition, maybe it's his body language I don't know but my eyes don't lie I've seen him so many times just float about, I'd definitely question his attitude. Hope the lad does well though I've nothing against him at all and though in thst spurs doc he came across as half sharp I don't hold that against people, lads done incredibly well for himself and fair play to him. 

7 hours ago, Super_horns said:

I see Matty Longstaff has joined Mansfield on loan !

Wasn’t he really highly rated at Newcastle not so long ago .

Oh odd! I swear there were reports of Barcelona watching him for a while!

Always looked like a scrawny little ginger chav to me...

9 hours ago, Super_horns said:

Wasn’t it his brother Sean who was the highly rated one? I vaguely remember a lot of hype a few years ago 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aus Fox said:

The actual statement in full:

Manchester United reiterates it’s strong condemnation of its players being caught on social media committing acts of violence. We understand when out in the open this reflects poorly on our brand and may adversely affect sponsorship income. After disappointing failing to cover up the whole mess, Mason Greenwood will not play with, or play for, the club until further notice.

I fail to understand why the media persist in calling him a football "star" with all this going on.

3 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

I'm hoping this is the end of his career and freedom from a jail cell for a long time 

The things he has done is getting worse every day.  Hopefully he goes to prison for a long time. I know it probably sounds silly but I'm glad JJ and others have unfollowed him on social media.  None of them want to be associated with that thank goodness.  

11 hours ago, Super_horns said:

Think Sean is more rated but apparently they are both very poor footballers. Sort of players who getaway with it because they are local lads. Surprised that he has gone as far down as League 2 mind, maybe it is because of Clough being in charge?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

Think Sean is more rated but apparently they are both very poor footballers. Sort of players who getaway with it because they are local lads. Surprised that he has gone as far down as League 2 mind, maybe it is because of Clough being in charge?

‘Very poor footballers’ is a bit of a stretch.

Always did find it a bit strange that Newcastle wouldn’t give them increased terms (even with MA in charge). I’m sure the younger one was still on about a grand a week this season.