Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

Zouma catgate would be almost a non story if it happened in France, where Zouma comes from.  I sometimes think people in the UK get more upset over a cat being attacked than another human being, which feeds into a French/european stereotype of us Brits.  There was a news story a few years back about dangerous Algae on the beach in France.  The French news crew interviewed a family with children playing on the beach and told them of the dangers, the family just carried on as normal with a shrug of the shoulders.  Then they interviewed a British dog owner and told her it could be dangerous to life, the dog owner picked the dog up straight away and marched off the beach, because she was so worried....the reporter said with a smile "c'est les anglais".

P.s. I'm a vegetarian, so I'm not defending Zouma's actions.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Le Renard said:

Zouma catgate would be almost a non story if it happened in France, where Zouma comes from.  I sometimes think people in the UK get more upset over a cat being attacked than another human being, which feeds into a French/european stereotype of us Brits.  There was a news story a few years back about dangerous Algae on the beach in France.  The French news crew interviewed a family with children playing on the beach and told them of the dangers, the family just carried on as normal with a shrug of the shoulders.  Then they interviewed a British dog owner and told her it could be dangerous to life, the dog owner picked the dog up straight away and marched off the beach, because she was so worried....the reporter said with a smile "c'est les anglais".

I have not seen the video, but it sounds like you are saying he ate the cat?

Edited by Dahnsouff
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Le Renard said:

Nope....he hates the cat.

I’m not a vegetarian and I love cats. Dogs too. In fact any animal that won’t eat me, even those that would I have respect for.

Edited by Trumpet

Just now, don_danbury said:

i haven't watched the vid, is the cat ok?

That's the thing. He says that the cat is a loved member of the family.

That's a total lie. I would never let anyone slap or kick my cat. The cat needs to be taken away from him and he should be banned from keeping any pets until he can prove that he is responsible.

The fact that his family was involved in the torment probably means social services should be called to ensure that all is ok in the household.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Le Renard said:

There's been a lot of Anglo-posting on the forum today

Edited by bovril

10 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

Zouma starts for West Ham, futher proof that there are absolutely no morals in football. Would be embarrassed if i was a WHU fan.

Tbf, they are not pleased with him and want him gone, the dirty Chelsea reject (not my words)

1 minute ago, NasPb said:

That'd be the equivalent to us sticking as a cb that idiot who attacked the Nottingham players 

Substituting Birch

• Like 1

Marcos Alonso who's actually killed someone by drink driving is allowed to continue to play football, but Zouma who kicked a cute cat should be kicked out of West Ham and maybe the premier league.  Lets have a bit of balance in the discussion please!

Edited by Le Renard

2 minutes ago, Le Renard said:

Marcos Alonso who's actually killed someone by drink driving is allowed to continue to play football, but Zouma who kicked a cute cat should be kicked out of West Ham and maybe the premier league. 

I don’t know what point you’re trying to make and I dare say if you asked everyone on this forum if Alonso should still be playing football they’d probably say no 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Le Renard said:

Marcos Alonso who's actually killed someone by drink driving is allowed to continue to play football, but Zouma who kicked a cute cat should be kicked out of West Ham and maybe the premier league.  Lets have a bit of balance in the discussion please!

You summed it up in your other post. That stereotype exists for a reason.