Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

53 minutes ago, Tanya said:

I believe Simpson was punished for his actions by police. I don't think we should have signed him and I never could celebrate him as a player, knowing he was capable of that. 

Zuoma is suffering no career punishment for a shocking piece of animal cruelty. I have two cats. I'd never hurt them. Anyone defending him or West Ham don't care about animals.

Also the what-about-isms are stupid 

This is fair enough. I respect that you are consistent. I was uncomfortable when we signed Simpson, but I'll admit it barely crossed my mind when we lifted the PL. I do think he tried to turn his life around, and I respect him for that.

But the fact is he did it. So did Stan Collymore, who we signed three years later. I cheered those players, but the thought of my partner or maybe in the future my daughter being abused makes me absolutely sick to my stomach. Yet I cheered them on. So I do find the reaction towards West Ham slightly hypocritical. I can't be sure that those condemning WHU really cheered on Simpson but I imagine there is some overlap. Also the two things are incomparable. 

As our French poster said, people also underestimate how big a deal this kind of thing is in the UK compared to any other country I can think of. Don't know what it's like in the US.

But as I said, I respect your consistency and honesty. 

Edited by bovril

Everything you need to know about the current state of the Premier League and this crop of players can be seen in that **** starting for West Ham tonight.

Also tells you everything you need to know about Moyes as a person, heard some shocker stories about him. 

For all Brendan’s shite, he had the balls to drop players in a big game who had

done wrong…. Probably why they all hate him now to be fair. 

League full of entitled uneducated ***** 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

Hammers fans *applauding* him.

:blink:

You’re shocked ?  West Ham fans only slightly behind millwall

the booing seems to have pretty much stopped now - I think Watford fans have missed a trick on this - making him feel as uneasy as possible - it could be that his team mates may think twice about passing to him when under pressure and put their team in a bit of trouble …..

21 minutes ago, Tanya said:

I believe Simpson was punished for his actions by police. I don't think we should have signed him and I never could celebrate him as a player, knowing he was capable of that. 

Zuoma is suffering no career punishment for a shocking piece of animal cruelty. I have two cats. I'd never hurt them. Anyone defending him or West Ham don't care about animals.

Also the what-about-isms are stupid 

I agree - look back at the specific post I was replying to in the context it was intended.

I think you've completely misunderstood my comment. I'm not defending Kurt Zouma or his deplorable actions, nor was I offering equivalence with his actions, and as I said this morning in respect of this -

1798747448_ScreenShot2022-02-08at19_59_01.png.de502e5fa1f7e24d8525868356cb3ab2.png

Zouma? - naah, football innit. Slap on the wrist. 

Stuck the game on cos I wanted to see the response to the ****, but it was quite disappointing and I don't actually want to sit watch these two shit teams faff about. Gonna let the missus stick the brit awards on and have a few beers (can't be worse, surely), someone let me know if he gets merked.

17 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

Not just playing, actively being clapped/cheered by some West Ham fans.. horrible club 

Yeah, I checked their forum and some want him gone also (https://www.kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=182492).

Always idiots at clubs as we found out Sunday.

Edited by Fox92

4 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

Do we still not condone fans running on to spark players out?

Asking for a friend.

The guy got a lifetime ban is is facing charges that could land him some real time locked up. 

Sounds like it’s being handled the way it should be. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The_77 said:

The guy got a lifetime ban is is facing charges that could land him some real time locked up. 

Sounds like it’s being handled the way it should be. 

Let him out on day release and sneak him in the ground on Sunday

2 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

No way that's a foul, unless it's because he's in an offside position.

Guess its similar to offside but being in goalkeepers eyeline. Not directly touching the ball but are interfering with a bit of the play through being offside. Interesting though as I have never seen that before.

Not sure I agree with it being offside mind.

Edited by TheMightySystem