Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

After tonight I think Newcastle would’ve created enough momentum to get a run of games going to pick up enough points to be safe. Everton look pants and having a relatively inexperienced manager who’s never been involved in a relegation scrap could be a problem, however, they may be saved by Burnley, Watford and Norwich all being worse; if one of those can pick up some form I definitely fear for Everton.  

Burnley were horrific tonight

shows how awful a season united are having that they drew that

At some point it becomes a miserable draining experience playing dyche football

A few media mates have spoken to ex pulis players who have all said how ****ing miserable training was. few if any have good things to say despite how well he did there

I just wonder if it might be the same after dyche has left. nice guy as he is, the football is just miserable.

Edited by twister
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, twister said:

Burnley were horrific tonight

shows how awful a season united are having that they drew that

At some point it becomes a miserable draining experience playing dyche football

A few media mates have spoken to ex pulis players who have all said how ****ing miserable training was. few if any have good things to say despite how well he did there

I just wonder if it might be the same after dyche has left. nice guy as he is, the football is just miserable.

I've heard a lot of people say his training was boring as it was always just working on shape, but those ex pro's have also said how good he was as a person and manager away from the rigid training. 

Edited by Tommy Fresh

Was flicking between the 3 games last night. Most PL teams still p*ss poor after this winter break with the exception of Newcastle who look improved. Man U and West Ham in particular awful, and Everton seriously sh*te.  If you thought the atmosphere in the KP was bad, London stadium seemed like a morgue. 

Not sure why it's now taking time for the teams to pick up. Winter break seems at the wrong time to me and i wonder if teams just have an eye on the up and coming congested fixture list and are playing within themselves. 

1 hour ago, Jaspa said:

Even at that point, relegation confirmed, I think they go out and spend £40m on some washed up attacking midfielder. Failing that attempt and y'know all 5 of the attacking midfielders you bought before are shight and sat in the reserves or Icelandic prison, go buy another one, not just anyone, a Brazilian one! Make sure he had lots of potential at some point, and make sure to make you seem massive(big time) to the fans, spend £42m on him.

Some people say the definition of insanity is trying the same thing over and over, expecting a different result each time - but this is the Everton way! One season will come, it will all click, their newly instated manager will come good and won't be sacked in January. All the central attacking midfielders will play in tandem, all over the field, creating a new tactical masterplan with only CAMs filling every role on the pitch.

Pretty much sums up what a shit show they are!

Moyes played Zouma last night night because he knows the furore will be all over and done with by the end of the month.

Same as the anger over the ESL, and the clubs who furloughed their staff at the 1st opportunity.

All that matters is results and money spent.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

13 minutes ago, evil jack said:

Moyes played Zouma last night night because he knows the furore will be all over and done with by the end of the month.

Same as the anger over the ESL, and the clubs who furloughed their staff at the 1st opportunity.

All that matters to WHU is that they get UCL qualification. Last night really highlighted their priorities, and lack of morals as a club

I’m not saying he should be banned for life from playing- but playing him less then 24Hrs after the video surfaced doesn’t sit right with me. 

Also last night was meant to be about honouring the passing of Isla- instead everything was centred around zouma. It’s so disappointing from Moyes

Edited by Chloe_77
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, evil jack said:

Gold and Sullivan would've told him in no uncertain terms "fk the cat, we want UCL at any cost"

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Whereas we dropped key players when they broke lockdown rules and lost the game and potentially a champions league spot.

Exactly!! And there’s people defending Moyes’s decision saying ‘it’s not fair to punish all the other players’… but surely by not dropping him he’s just telling the other players that if you’re a good player you won’t be dropped regardless of what you have done. It’s awful thinking from WHU

Edited by Chloe_77