Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

10 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

I can't wait for when WHU's bubble bursts at the end of the season and Rice goes to Man U. They'll slip back into mid table never to be seen again and their fans will turn. Moyes will be gone by end of next season. 

wolves , arsenal and spurs have 3 or 4 games in hand over them. i'd be quite surprised if they stay 4th or 5th

• Like 3

I did like that Moyes didn't dress it up and be fake about it. He's available and he's one of our best players. Let the relevant authorities deal with it.

Are sponsors allowed to just pull out of contracts or are there clauses that mean in certain instances that the club or sponsor can cancel the contracts?

1 minute ago, filbertway said:

I did like that Moyes didn't dress it up and be fake about it. He's available and he's one of our best players. Let the relevant authorities deal with it.

Are sponsors allowed to just pull out of contracts or are there clauses that mean in certain instances that the club or sponsor can cancel the contracts?

The thing is though they were playing Watford at home, they could have coped without him they had Diop, Fredericks and Johnson on the bench. It was just a stupid decision by Moyes and his team. 

imagine there is some sort of break clause for circumstances like this as it happens quite a lot in sport. 

1 hour ago, Hales said:

Just an update on the Zouma situation. Both cats are now in the care of the RSPCA and have been taken for a medical check at a vets and the RSPCA are investigating so cannot comment too much due to legal reasons.

just to add to this, as been pointed out by others, West Ham have fined him 2 weeks wages with the money going to animal charities, he will be apparently unavailable for selection for Sundays game 

RSPCA spokesperson statement had this interesting line

“We were dealing with this issue before the video went viral online and are leading the investigation.”

2 sponsors are currently considering their positions 

He could potentially be in trouble in France as French citizens can be Prosecuted for crimes in another country 

Largest French animal rights group statement 

“We condemn this heinous act, have asked that the player be suspended from the France team, and filed a legal complaint against him.”

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

The thing is though they were playing Watford at home, they could have coped without him they had Diop, Fredericks and Johnson on the bench. It was just a stupid decision by Moyes and his team. 

imagine there is some sort of break clause for circumstances like this as it happens quite a lot in sport. 

I'm not saying I agree with his position, I'm very undecided on it myself. It's just refreshing to see someone be honest with why they're making an unpopular decision. 

Yeah there's got to be something, like you say, it seems to happen quite a bit.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

That was one of the worst things about it IMO. 

He may as well have said "I haven't read the room, I don't give a fvck about the reputation of the club I'm in charge of, and I haven't got a moral compass" 

We need to be careful, clearly what Zouma did was deplorable and he will be dealt with I am sure, but if we allow the court of public opinion to be a real indirect influencer, then we have truly lost what justice is.

We are not inside this from a West Ham perspective, we do not know what conversations have occurred nor what instructions have been issued.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

just to add to this, as been pointed out by others, West Ham have fined him 2 weeks wages with the money going to animal charities, he will be apparently unavailable for selection for Sundays game 

RSPCA spokesperson statement had this interesting line

“We were dealing with this issue before the video went viral online and are leading the investigation.”

2 sponsors are currently considering their positions 

He could potentially be in trouble in France as French citizens can be Prosecuted for crimes in another country 

Largest French animal rights group statement 

“We condemn this heinous act, have asked that the player be suspended from the France team, and filed a legal complaint against him.”

I bet all this has made the cvnt paws for thought!

23 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

We need to be careful, clearly what Zouma did was deplorable and he will be dealt with I am sure, but if we allow the court of public opinion to be a real indirect influencer, then we have truly lost what justice is.

We are not inside this from a West Ham perspective, we do not know what conversations have occurred nor what instructions have been issued.

Court of public opinion? There's a video of the bloke kicking a cat and the RSPCA have taken them off him. Not like there's a rumour doing the rounds that he's misbehaved a little bit and he's getting grief on social media.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, SecretPro said:

This is all irrelevant.

Players get dropped for going out and getting pissed the night before. 

West Ham won't drop theirs for commiting a crime and a heinous act of animal cruelty. Animals cannot defend themselves, to me its akin to assault a small child. 

If a player had been filmed slapping a small child, they wouldn't be playing. That's all there is to it. 

Sure people will say the two aren't comparable, but I don't give a **** - abusing Animals is disgusting and one of the worst crimes there is and for far to long the sentences (if punishment actually occurs, rarely) are pathetic and a large chunk of the population, usually men of the 'Lads lads lads' ilk with a lack of moral compass and a right wing view of the world think its a nothing crime. Its disgusting, and in my view he should be facing much, much worse than missing a game. Take into account he involved a small child in the act (that will now grow up to think hitting Animals is normal) and the fact it was premeditated, recorded and laughter to be had all round and he should be getting a prison sentence. 

People that don't equate animal cruelty to a serious crime are fooking nuts. Its lowest of the low, it really is. Text book case of anthropology trumps all. 

He looks like a ****ing neanderthal and if he's going to act like one he should be treated as one. Scumbag.

I was responding to a post criticising Moyes for picking the player, not about if it was excusable (it clearly isn't, it was on film, he is thick tw@t)

Don`t jump to conclusions or you are part of the court of public opinion to which I was referring