Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

Interesting that Man City and Chelsea haven't signed anyone yet... like we're waiting for something big to happen. It's been a very quiet summer transfer window so far compared to others. Deadline day I think will be interesting one.

https://www.evertonfc.com/news/2193203/club-statement

Mon 19 Jul 2021

CLUB STATEMENT

By Everton

Everton can confirm it has suspended a First-Team player pending a police investigation. The Club will continue to support the authorities with their inquiries and will not be making any further statement at this time.

• Sad 1

27 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

https://www.evertonfc.com/news/2193203/club-statement

Mon 19 Jul 2021

CLUB STATEMENT

By Everton

Everton can confirm it has suspended a First-Team player pending a police investigation. The Club will continue to support the authorities with their inquiries and will not be making any further statement at this time.

International news naming the player

Edited by CrispinLA in Texas

1 hour ago, Leicesterpool said:

Interesting that Man City and Chelsea haven't signed anyone yet... like we're waiting for something big to happen. It's been a very quiet summer transfer window so far compared to others. Deadline day I think will be interesting one.

I reckon once all the international lads return people will start to sign people when they not what condition those are coming back in etc 

On the Gray to Everton move, I actually don't think that's bad business at all from their perspective.  They've hardly payed anything for a reliable PL backup player with a relatively big potential upside if Gray finds his head with age and starts putting in consistent performances at the standard we've seen glimpses of.  I don't know if it's the best move for Demi though because that pretty much has to happen if he's going to avoid spending most of his time sitting on the bench. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Am I right in thinking this is the fire to go with the smoke that people were talking about in the transfer section the other day?  

Haha not even. That was about one of our own 

He doesn't, from the outside, seem that 'type'

There's bound to be something in this if the club has suspended him.

There was a scenario last week where a Scottish top-flight player was investigated for allegedly texting under-aged people, but was cleared by the club/police.

Edited by Wymsey

2 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

I know this is fairly tangential to much of the discussion in this thread recently, but I will NEVER understand why it is currently fashionable to not wear socks.

Socks are great.  Who wants sweaty shoes or cold ankles?

Yay Socks. 

If I'm just popping to the shop I'll just put old trainers on. But any further than 5 minutes walk - socks on.