Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

4 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

Anotonio's comment is logically fallacious, but it's not 'playing the race card'. Doesn't mean no-on is playing it...

lmao

Took me a while to work out exactly who 'we' and 'Europeans' refer to in this tweet.

Still not 100% sure

7 minutes ago, bovril said:

Anti-racist football vs sentimental over animals Britain is the kind of battle I live for.

Just waiting for the meltdown when someone suggests Zoumas punishment is racist

People are already suggesting his punishment and treatment is because he is black. That's why I don't think Antonio's comments are helpful.  I can categorically say I would have the same view if he was a different race or one of our players.

What he did was wrong end of!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hales said:

People are already suggesting his punishment and treatment is because he is black. That's why I don't think Antonio's comments are helpful.  I can categorically say I would have the same view if he was a different race or one of our players.

Agreed, to think this is race related when the video is so clear of him abusing his pet is just bloody ridiculous. Sorry I have no time for the guy he is a nasty pr**k 

4 minutes ago, Hales said:

I don't think Antonio has fuelled that at all. 

Guest BlueBrett

Happening because he's black lol **** me

Does that ignorant bitch realise he makes 250k in a fortnight? Fact is he is getting off incredibly lightly and I for one hope his real punishment comes in the streets.

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Really? Many people are suggesting on social media he is being punished more because he is black. Of course Antonio's comments will fuel it, they already are.......

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Antonio has a point in regard to how racism gets punished. People who have been proven to be racist have got lesser punishments. 

From that clip above, I don't see the outrage at his comments unless I've missed something. 

Because the two aren't simultaneously on trail. 

It should be possible to condemn Zouma without the need to bring up race issues. He's not kicked the cat because he's black and he's not being punished for it because he's black.

Race is a separate issue and to conflate the two just suggests that any criminal or moral issue must first be compared to the severity of racism in order to be justified. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foxile5 said:

It should be possible to condemn Zouma without the need to bring up race issues. He's not kicked the cat because he's black and he's not being punished for it because he's black.

Race is a separate issue and to conflate the two just suggests that any criminal or moral issue must first be compared to the severity of racism in order to be justified. 

I agree with this, and in fact I would argue conflating the two issues lessen's the acknowledgment of both (By drawing misdirecting parallels), that is something that cannot be allowed to happen. 

10 minutes ago, BlueBrett said:

Happening because he's black lol **** me

Does that ignorant bitch realise he makes 250k in a fortnight? Fact is he is getting off incredibly lightly and I for one hope his real punishment comes in the streets.

It's ironic because she talks about 'Europeans' but a lot of the stuff I've read on social media is along the lines of 'he might be able to get away with it in France but not here!' and the Europeans are as bemused at us as ever

44 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Come on, it's not that hard to see Antonio isn't saying this. Using racism as an example of a 'worse crime' that others have got away with (and again, I don't agree with his original dichotomy but that's not relevant here) is not the same as saying 'Zouma is being punished because he's black'. 

Edited by turtmcfly

I'm fine with the punishment per say and i thjnk this could have all been avoided if he wasn't such an idiot and if west ham didn't play him but i certainly don't like how people like Marcus Alonso and such play freely after literally killing someone and Suarez as well after his incidents. Same could be said with Simpson too... 

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Are you serious? Or just naive?

This is about someone being viciously cruel to an innocent animal. There was no racist element to the narrative at all until Antonio, for reasons best known to himself, chose to introduce it.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

Come on, it's not that hard to see Antonio isn't saying this. Using racism as an example of a 'worse crime' that others have got away with (and again, I don't agree with his original dichotomy but that's not relevant here) is not the same as saying 'Zouma is being punished because he's black'. 

Yes but the point I'm making is that the two are entirely unrelated so as to be pointless in comparison. 

Antonio cites racism. Yeah that's bad but have you seen how bad paedophilia is? Etc etc. 

It does nothing more than draw false comparisons and muddy the water. Race has nothing to do with it and he's doing the discussion of animal welfare a huge disservice in bringing it up. Not to mention making it SEEM as though he's using racist behaviour as a protective barrier to scrutiny. 

Edited by foxile5
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, foxile5 said:

It should be possible to condemn Zouma without the need to bring up race issues. He's not kicked the cat because he's black and he's not being punished for it because he's black

But Antonio has not suggested this was done at all? 

• Like 1

Michail Antonio with one of weirdest arguements ive ever heard in my life and the level of the support for it is very worrying. How in the hell can an appalling case of animal abuse be turned around into racism? So if Kurt Zouma was white this would all be forgotten about? So the threshold is if its not worse then racism in his mind then its not that bad? Complete an utter deluded c*nt. The bad thing is this will deflect from the issue here now as no one in the media will have the bollucks to challenge Antonios narrative for fear of how it might make them seem racist if they argue against.

Edited by South Shire Fox
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Michail Antonio with one of weirdest arguements ive ever heard in my life and the level of the support for it is very worrying. How in the hell can an appalling case of animal abuse be turned around into racism? So if Kurt Zouma was white this would all be forgotten about? So the threshold is if its not worse then racism in his mind then its not that bad? Complete an utter deluded c*nt. The bad thing is this will deflect from the issue here now as no one in the media will have the bollucks to challenge Antonios narrative for fear of how it might make them seem racist if they argue against.

You don’t seem to understand what he’s saying. He’s not even mentioned Zouma’s race.

He said why should Zouma be sacked when players aren’t sacked for racism? 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, when_you're_smiling said:

You don’t seem to understand what he’s saying. He’s not even mentioned Zouma’s race.

Hes not going to be sacked though is he? Hes been given a paltry 250k, 2 weeks wages fine then started for West Ham 24 hours later. Luis Suarez got an 8 game ban over 10 years ago. Im absolutley certain if the Suarez incident happened in 2022 he’d be punished alot more severely from his club, Premier league etc and that there would be calls from all angles of society for him to be sacked. Antonio is talking complete and utter bollucks trying to deflect from the issue here.

Edited by South Shire Fox
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, when_you're_smiling said:

In truth both should be sackable offences.. same with sexual assault and anything else along those lines. It would be nice if the FA had clear no tolerance rules on any discriminatory (or law breaking) behaviour (within reason) 

Youd make the sport much more enjoyable because right now it is an utter disgrace.  We are getting past the point of coincidence, this is clearly an issue related to the untouchable status they all feel they have. 

There will always be wrongens, but showing the world that these things are never acceptable could make a huge difference in many households.

Football used to be about community and now it is simply anything but..

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 4

I haven't followed this story as it seems the whole game on and off the field is going down the toilet in this country and i try to avoid reading about it as its just too depressing.

But i am somewhat intrigued about how this video was seen by so many people.  Did someone film this abuse and they upload it to social media?  If they did why would you post such a thing?