Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

14 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

Presumably you think this includes me (since it was my post you replied to).

If so...what has his response being hypothetical got to do with the comparison in it being specious? It's possible to make a hypothetical point that is logically sound.

Yeah I got the impression from how you responded that you weren’t aware what question was being responded to. Otherwise it’s a more general quote as I’ve seen plenty of others who you doubt have even seen/head the quotes in full.

You said his response should have stuck to compare something that happened, but he wasn’t asked about something that happened.

People have said one of those harsher punishments that should happen should be his sacking and he argued people have done arguably worse things and not suffered that punishment. I don’t see what’s wrong with that.

59 minutes ago, bmt said:

I completely agree with all of that, and would like to see the same. I just don't get why Antonio bringing up racism is so offensive to some!

Who said it was offensive? It's just deflective because he's defending a teammate. And I think such things can be harmful to the fight against racism 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Asha said:

Zouma won’t be sacked because he’s an asset, and West Ham need him. If it was a fringe player, he surely would be.

What if, instead of three of our youth players involved in the scandal in Thailand, it was three first team players? 

We had an important game against West Ham and Maddison was dropped for breaking lockdown rules, some of our fans wanted him to never wear the shirt again, which I though was ridiculous. That probably cost us 4th place.

31 minutes ago, when_you're_smiling said:

Yeah I got the impression from how you responded that you weren’t aware what question was being responded to. Otherwise it’s a more general quote as I’ve seen plenty of others who you doubt have even seen/head the quotes in full.

You said his response should have stuck to compare something that happened, but he wasn’t asked about something that happened.

People have said one of those harsher punishments that should happen should be his sacking and he argued people have done arguably worse things and not suffered that punishment. I don’t see what’s wrong with that.

I didn't say this at all! For a start both the things he compared (calls for Souma to be sacked and Suarez not being sacked) have happened.

The point is the equivalence he tries to draw between the two is fallacious, they are two different things. One is a call to sack, one is actual sacking. If you want to be fair, compare the calls both times, or compare the sacking both times. And then to be fairer still, imagine the Suarez incident happening now and see if the argument still has weight. 

• Like 1

Interesting analysis of where each team controls territory.

We're not too dissimilar to Southampton, Palace, Villa and Wolves. We seem to control the territory in the non dangerous area, around the back line. It show we work better attacking on the left than right, which I think people have picked up on this season, but the service to our strikers isn't great.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

We're not too dissimilar to Southampton, Palace, Villa and Wolves. We seem to control the territory in the non dangerous area, around the back line. It show we work better attacking on the left than right, which I think people picked up on this season, but the service to our strikers isn't great.

Man City lol

1 hour ago, Super_horns said:

Martin Keown talking about the morals of football when discussing the red card .

Football and morals don’t tend to go together very often !

Well done Michael Oliver, correct decision. The pundits were proper annoyed at this but this is needed to cut out blatant cheating.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Facecloth said:

We're not too dissimilar to Southampton, Palace, Villa and Wolves. We seem to control the territory in the non dangerous area, around the back line. It show we work better attacking on the left than right, which I think people have picked up on this season, but the service to our strikers isn't great.

Brighton is mightily impressive given their individual players. 

8 minutes ago, SkidsFox said:

We should all agree fairly stupid behaviour from Martinelli. Commits a foul, thinks he's got away with it so sprints and commits another. Should have been sent off for stupidity...

Surely the only question is, were both incidents yellow, and if so, he has to be sent off. This whole, in the same phase stuff should be irrelevant.

26 minutes ago, nnfox said:

It was the right decision to send Martinelli off, but I would say in his defence that if he had been shown a yellow card for the first foul (where advantage was played), he wouldn't have made the second challenge.

You’d think not but some footballers are a bit dim..

• Like 1