Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

3 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

That's probably why Iheanacho plays better with with someone upfront with him...like last season

He plays better with someone up front because he's so slow. He's a natural goal scorer for me but if you think you can play him as a forward on the shoulder of the last defender (like vardy), think again

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sampson said:

So were we in that one game.

Typical FoxesTalk that people genuinely want a crap manager like Hasssenhutl, who most Southampton fans want out, based on one game. :D

Have you ever spoken to a Southampton fan in your life? As someone who has worked in the area and still keeps in contact with a numerous Southampton STHs can tell you the majority absolutley love him and his style of football and think he has done a great job on an absolute pittance. Always going to be people like yourself who hold two freak results against him for the rest of his career but fail to see the remarkable turnaround he has done to a team which on the whole is a very average side. 

Edited by South Shire Fox
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, South Shire Fox said:

Have you ever spoken to a Southampton fan in your life? As someone who has worked in the area and still keeps in contact with a numerous Southampton STHs can tell you the majority absolutley love him and his style of football and think he has done a great job on an absolute pittance

I live in Portsmouth, yes, I speak to them every day. They have wild mood swings with him from one week to the next, much like our fans do with Rodgers. The idea he's our saviour is weird as hell, got to say.

Edited by Sampson

3 minutes ago, Sampson said:

I live in Portsmouth, yes, I speak to them every day. They have wild mood swings with him from one week to the next, much like our fans do with Rodgers. The idea he's our saviour is weird as hell, got to say.

Key difference being Hasenhuttl hasnt been backed to the hills with a massive net spend like Rodgers and instead works on scraps/ other teams young cast off like we used to have to do.

Edited by South Shire Fox

30 minutes ago, Scotch said:

You can only have a player like that AND a natural goal scorer if you play two up top though. That's why he does well for Southampton and Scotland. They both play him alongside someone else. We don't play a system that would allow that. 

Mostly true but we have on occasion and having a player like that would give us more options to change the play and try it. Sometimes we can’t try other options because we don’t have the resources to do so.  Okazaki was a great foil for Vardy. He would he also give us a bit more strength. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Supergray22 said:

Mostly true but we have on occasion and having a player like that would give us more options to change the play and try it. Sometimes we can’t try other options because we don’t have the resources to do so.  Okazaki was a great foil for Vardy. He would he also give us a bit more strength. 

So you are suggesting we have 4 strikers for the occasional circumstance that we play 2 up top? Plus we have a perfect strike partner for Vardy. Nacho has proven that. 

3 minutes ago, Scotch said:

So you are suggesting we have 4 strikers for the occasional circumstance that we play 2 up top? Plus we have a perfect strike partner for Vardy. Nacho has proven that. 

No I was just responding to the original post when we could have gone him few years back. Back then kel was not in favour and we were over reliant on Vardy. We have great options now. 

Nice to see Maupay finally getting goals. Could get 12-15 this season.

I have a soft spot for lower league players climbing up and adapting. Just something about the idea that you can still do it, even with all the foreign wonderkids and academy projects knocking about.

Compared to Mitrovic who can't find the net in the top flight

Edited by fox_up_north

43 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

Nice to see Maupay finally getting goals. Could get 12-15 this season.

I have a soft spot for lower league players climbing up and adapting. Just something about the idea that you can still do it, even with all the foreign wonderkids and academy projects knocking about.

Compared to Mitrovic who can't find the net in the top flight

I mean he's not exactly some kid from League Two. 

He was playing too flight football in France, is a French u21 International and was considered a real one to watch when Brentford's scouting network took a punt on him.