Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

It'll be a miracle if Norwich stay up.

Just really can't see Burnley getting out of it; reckon their luck over the past few seasons, on 'limited resources', will run out now.

Edited by Wymsey

It’s from the S*n so won’t link, but apparently a Premier League player arrested ‘over attack on girlfriend’. 

Not a great time for the League at the minute. 

Edit: Just seen it was from 2019 and was settled out of court. Odd timing for them to release a story. 

Edited by FoxesTez
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

**** off Hassenhuttl is class. Southampton should be relegation fodder based on the players he's had and he gets the best out of them year after year. Would love him at lcfc.

Not afraid to go to the big clubs and play his own game either,Yeah he's had a couple of Spankings but we know first hand now 2 reasons why,Id take him over Rodgers all day long.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, elvisfmcfly said:

Not afraid to go to the big clubs and play his own game either,Yeah he's had a couple of Spankings but we know first hand now 2 reasons why,Id take him over Rodgers all day long.

Not forgetting that BR beat all of the big clubs last season in the league, and we’ve already beaten Man Utd and Liverpool this season. 
I could compare both their records over the last three seasons against the big six, but it might make your point look a little silly.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

All the talk about hassenhutl being amazing. First I think it’s overstating his ability a bit. He’s very streaky results wise. But secondly it’s irrelevant to say he should be our next manager. He said in an interview a couple of weeks back that at the end of his current Southampton contract he’ll retire. Something about not needing to work and wanting to enjoy life and family while he’s still young. 

1 hour ago, peach0000 said:

All the talk about hassenhutl being amazing. First I think it’s overstating his ability a bit. He’s very streaky results wise. But secondly it’s irrelevant to say he should be our next manager. He said in an interview a couple of weeks back that at the end of his current Southampton contract he’ll retire. Something about not needing to work and wanting to enjoy life and family while he’s still young. 

Not planning to return to Austria then.....

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Why do people keep talking like this?

Southampton have pretty much double the net spend than we have in each of these past 3 seasons and they were already a mid table side when he took over and he hasn’t really improved them in terms of league position.

Where is this myth they should be relegation fodder come from? They comfortably outspend the likes of Burnley, Norwich, Brentford, Brighton, Crystal Palace, Leeds and Watford. 

In terms of transfer spend and wages, Southampton should be around 10th-12th and they just about get that park under Hassenhutl.

Why the hell do people make out they should be competing with Norwich and Burnley and Hassenhutl is some genius for getting them more points than Norwich?

Hes and average manager who has kept Southampton ticking over at the par they were already and should be at. He’s actually done worse than Puel did for them. The idea he is some genius is baffling to me.

Yeah but he’s got PASHUN mate 

13 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

55 points

I guess we will need to pick up a bit to get that! But with the injuries we have had this season, you think we should get our 4th joint highest points total we have ever had in the Premier league? It has been  brutal.

Edited by FOXSE
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

United fans have fully turned on Maguire lol

I honestly can't believe he plays for them. That's not forgetting the fact he's captain and they paid 80m for him.

Defenders don't have to be fast but the slower ones, who are good, usually make it up with their positioning and ability to read the game but he just has none of that.

He's 28 and the only thing he's ever won is the play offs with Hull. Now captain of Manchester United.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I honestly can't believe he plays for them. That's not forgetting the fact he's captain and they paid 80m for him.

Defenders don't have to be fast but the slower ones, who are good, usually make it up with their positioning and ability to read the game but he just has none of that.

He's 28 and the only thing he's ever won is the play offs with Hull. Now captain of Manchester United.

Thing is because he’s there now I can’t imagine him leaving for a lesser club. Can’t see Man U selling either as it would make them look so stupid for paying that amount of money. It’s a very weird situation and their transfer policy is horrific. I mean AWB is also shit but Maguire deflects from him as he is on another level of a waste of money. 

• Like 2

Just now, Unabomber said:

Thing is because he’s there now I can’t imagine him leaving for a lesser club. Can’t see Man U selling either as it would make them look so stupid for paying that amount of money. It’s a very weird situation and their transfer policy is horrific. I mean AWB is also shit but Maguire deflects from him as he is on another level of a waste of money. 

Newcastle are the only ones that could be stupid enough to put up big money to get him, other than that I can’t see where he goes next in his career? Isn’t his brother at Chesterfield?

26 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

And it's honestly not bitterness because I was happy when we got the money for him but there's no way he was anything other than average for us. Above average in his first season and below par in the second. We profited from him having a decent world cup

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Man Utd's transfer policy is so bad it's impressive. Still can't believe they blew £130m on Slabhead and AWB! Incredible. Who is going to buy players like those off them? And how much will they go for?

Seems like they're always after forwards, no matter how desperately they need defensive players (just like Arsenal used to be). They've needed a DM for years now, and they keep ignoring it in favour of strikers or wingers whose names will sell shirts.

And they're no better when it comes to selling. They've been making promises to fringe players who want out that they'll be involved, and then they never play them. They could have got a decent fee for Lingard after his West Ham loan, but they chose not to sell him or play him, and now he'll leave for free in the summer. Their treatment of Van de Beek is just as bad.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Raw Dykes said:

Man Utd's transfer policy is so bad it's impressive. Still can't believe they blew £130m on Slabhead and AWB! Incredible. Who is going to buy players like those off them? And how much will they go for?

Seems like they're always after forwards, no matter how desperately they need defensive players (just like Arsenal used to be). They've needed a DM for years now, and they keep ignoring it in favour of strikers or wingers whose names will sell shirts.

And they're no better when it comes to selling. They've been making promises to fringe players who want out that they'll be involved, and then they never play them. They could have got a decent fee for Lingard after his West Ham loan, but they chose not to sell him or play him, and now he'll leave for free in the summer. Their treatment of Van de Beek is just as bad.

It’s great isn’t it 😀