Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

4 hours ago, Sampson said:

Why do people keep talking like this?

Southampton have pretty much double the net spend than we have in each of these past 3 seasons and they were already a mid table side when he took over and he hasn’t really improved them in terms of league position.

Where is this myth they should be relegation fodder come from? They comfortably outspend the likes of Burnley, Norwich, Brentford, Brighton, Crystal Palace, Leeds and Watford. 

In terms of transfer spend and wages, Southampton should be around 10th-12th and they just about get that par under Hassenhutl.

Why the hell do people make out they should be competing with Norwich and Burnley and Hassenhutl is some genius for getting them more points than Norwich?

Hes and average manager who has kept Southampton ticking over at the par they were already and should be at. He’s actually done worse than Puel did for them. The idea he is some genius is baffling to me.

Because their team is crap and has been for years. And the managers that came before him did significantly worse. They were just escaping relegation for 2-3 years without an identity before he came and hauled them up to mid table. He's a good, dynamic manager and he'd do excellently with players like we have at lcfc.

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

I honestly can't believe he plays for them. That's not forgetting the fact he's captain and they paid 80m for him.

Defenders don't have to be fast but the slower ones, who are good, usually make it up with their positioning and ability to read the game but he just has none of that.

He's 28 and the only thing he's ever won is the play offs with Hull. Now captain of Manchester United.

Amazing what a lucky world cup draw can do for a player or managers reputation.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Because their team is crap and has been for years. And the managers that came before him did significantly worse. They were just escaping relegation for 2-3 years without an identity before he came and hauled them up to mid table. He's a good, dynamic manager and he'd do excellently with players like we have at lcfc.

Mate, I think you're seriously reaching.

I'm sure if you asked every single non-Leicester fan - both neutrals and Southampton fans, almost every single one would tell you going from Rodgers to Hassenhutl would be a downgrade.

I think we can get a far better manager than that and if we're going to get rid of Rodgers then I sincerely hope we have someone better lined up, as going from Rodgers to Hassenhutl would be such a pointless move.

5 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Mate, I think you're seriously reaching.

I'm sure if you asked every single non-Leicester fan - both neutrals and Southampton fans, almost every single one would tell you going from Rodgers to Hassenhutl would be a downgrade.

I think we can get a far better manager than that and if we're going to get rid of Rodgers then I sincerely hope we have someone better lined up, as going from Rodgers to Hassenhutl would be such a pointless move.

I don't know. You say you know lots of saints fans I confess I don't know a single 1. But I think he's a class act and done a great job there. Maybe a situation where looking in from the outside you rate them and you don't see the reality. A bit like how fans of most other teams rate Rodgers a lot more highly than we do as Leicester fans

4 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

Results not going our way. But, we are in control of our own destiny. The bottom 3 are utter crap. 9 or 10 points should suffice for safety this season. Hopefully we do much better than that though.

You aren't in any danger of going down. You could lose every game and still have a chance of staying up. Not often more than 34 points needed. 

Edited by The Bear
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

Results not going our way. But, we are in control of our own destiny. The bottom 3 are utter crap. 9 or 10 points should suffice for safety this season. Hopefully we do much better than that though.

Where do you think we'll get these 9 or 10 points, I'm not sure I can it being straight forward.

Yeah Newcastle will stay up now, they were bound to get their act together once they started getting the signings onboard in the January transfer window.

Still bet they sack Howe at the end of the season!

3 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Where do you think we'll get these 9 or 10 points, I'm not sure I can it being straight forward.

From 17 games? Give over. We’d have to go on worse run than we did under Peter Taylor to go down. 

We’ll get a couple of wins against someone like Norwich and Watford, we’re not *that* bad.

• Like 2