Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

I have a colleague at work who is Portuguese and supports Wolves for obvious reasons , he wasn’t happy with the appointment of Lage, mainly as he supports Sporting Lisbon and Lage was at Benfica, but he is very impressed how it’s going. Even better our managers both support Spurs.

As for where we’ll finish I can see us ending up 17th but not actually in danger of relegation just limping down the table and ending up 4 points clear of Watford, Norwich and Burnley.

I guess we’ll see how good wolves are close up next week. 

3 minutes ago, Sampson said:

From 17 games? Give over. We’d have to go on worse run than we did under Peter Taylor to go down. 

We’ll get a couple of wins against someone like Norwich and Watford, we’re not *that* bad.

More complacency. We are playing shit and have been for ages. 

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The media went mad when Wolves sacked Nuno. What did they expect, they were missing their best player the majority of last season and had other injuries too. Lange has got them back in rude form.

Also notable that Nuno had been there 4 years and was clearly at the end of a cycle. What had once been innovative ideas had become stale.

21 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Yeah Newcastle will stay up now, they were bound to get their act together once they started getting the signings onboard in the January transfer window.

Still bet they sack Howe at the end of the season!

Trippier was an astute signing with his experience. They have signed well and not just thrown money on has beens.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sampson said:

Mate, I think you're seriously reaching.

I'm sure if you asked every single non-Leicester fan - both neutrals and Southampton fans, almost every single one would tell you going from Rodgers to Hassenhutl would be a downgrade.

I think we can get a far better manager than that and if we're going to get rid of Rodgers then I sincerely hope we have someone better lined up, as going from Rodgers to Hassenhutl would be such a pointless move.

I think sometimes there are managers that excell at clubs under certain circumstances and would struggle with other situations.

I wonder whether Pep could manage Norwich and give them a better opportunity than Dean Smith, i doubt it, yet Pep is regarded as a better manager.

I wonder whether Rodgers is the best man to motivate the players we have or whether Hasenhuttl would be a better motivator.

What do you think makes Rodgers a better manager than Hasenhuttl?

55 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

More complacency. We are playing shit and have been for ages. 

And we can be much worse than Norwich Watford and Burnley and still comfortably survive.

it’s not complacency to say we aren’t going down ffs. That 1-0 win vs Liverpool was only 4 league games ago, the 4-0 win vs Newcastle was only 6 league games ago. We likely need only 1 more win like that and a couple of disappointing draws like the 1-1 vs Brighton 2 league games ago and that’s it. We’re not going to not win for another 17 league games.

Honestly think the lack of games because of cancellations is causing some fans to lose their minds.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Sampson said:

And we can be much worse than Norwich Watford and Burnley and still comfortably survive.

it’s not complacency to say we aren’t going down ffs. That 1-0 win vs Liverpool was only 4 league games ago, the 4-0 win vs Newcastle was only 6 league games ago. We likely need only 1 more win like that and a couple of disappointing draws like the 1-1 vs Brighton 2 league games ago and that’s it. We’re not going to not win for another 17 league games.

Honestly think the lack of games because of cancellations is causing some fans to lose their minds.

I am sure you realise that only one of those 3 have to get more points than us not all of them. As I say, complacency. I'd rather have points than games in hand. 

Guest StevieLynex
3 minutes ago, Phenom said:

How did we let this spineless Tottenham team steal 3 points from us?

Just shows how poor this League is. We should have been comfortably in the top five