Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

1 hour ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Where do you think we'll get these 9 or 10 points, I'm not sure I can it being straight forward.

Over the course of the remaining games. I dont expect us at this point to be top 10 anymore. Would be nice as we get more millions for final placement but this season is a failure massively.

Who would have thought at the beginning of this season when we were laughing at spurs being in the conference that we would be dependent on it for some sort of success this season.  Yowsers lol.

I just lost a game of "sorry" against the wife and kids. I swear they are always out to get me.   Not a good omen for me today so i now have even more lowered expectations. Come on city, win this for jattdogg! I need this!

Edited by Jattdogg

Guest Chocolate Teapot
Just now, Jattdogg said:

Is that the end of stevie g's new mgr bounce now????

He barely had one and considering all the money they've spent its less than impressive 

Guest StevieLynex
2 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

He barely had one and considering all the money they've spent its less than impressive 

Average player, over hyped Manager

18 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

I am sure you realise that only one of those 3 have to get more points than us not all of them. As I say, complacency. I'd rather have points than games in hand. 

No, I as I'm sure you are realise that one of them as well as Newcastle, Brentford, Everton and Leeds all have to finish ahead of us and they all have each other to play so cannot win all their games. 30 points will very likely be enough, bar a freak scenario where all the top 7 all start losing regularly to all the bottom 7.

We're getting 4 points from 17 games. Even 07/08 Derby averaged better than that.

What do you mean you'd rather have the points than the games in hand? We have both over the bottom 3 ffs.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sampson said:

No, I as I'm sure you are realise that one of them as well as Newcastle, Brentford, Everton and Leeds all have to finish ahead of us and they all have each other to play so cannot win all their games. 30 points will very likely be enough, bar a freak scenario where all the top 7 all start losing regularly to all the bottom 7.

What do you mean you'd rather have the points than the games in hand? We have both over the bottom 3 ffs.

I'd rather we have played the games we have in hand and won them, hence I'd prefer the points. Is that difficult to understand? Also the other sides you now mention are within one or two wins of going above us. Really there is nothing inspiring confidence in our play in the last 10 games or so to suggest we are as comfortable as some think. 

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

I'd rather we have played the games we have in hand and won them. Is is that difficult to understand? Also the other sides you now mention are within one or two wins of going above us. 

But we already have both over the bottom 3! I meant what are you talking about in the context of a relegation battle? People say that when you're behind a side on points but have games in hand,, but it makes no sense in the context of this discussion because we're well ahead of the bottom 3 and have games in hand over them as well. I'm asking why you are saying that in the context of us going down.

Mate, even 05/06 Derby's average points would very likely be enough to stay up from the position we are in right now. We would have to play like the worst side in Premier League history to get relegated from this position, no matter how much people have got their knickers in a twist, we aren't that bad.

Chill your beans, we're not going down. If you genuinely think we're in a relegation battle, then I dread to think what your outlook on other parts of life is. 

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sampson said:

But we already have both over the bottom 3! I meant what are you talking about in the context of a relegation battle? People say that when you're behind a side on points but have games in hand,, but it makes no sense in the context of this discussion because we're well ahead of the bottom 3 and have games in hand over them as well. I'm asking why you are saying that in the context of us going down.

Mate, even 05/06 Derby's average points would very likely be enough to stay up from the position we are in right now. We would have to play like the worst side in Premier League history to get relegated from this position, no matter how much people have got their knickers in a twist, we aren't that bad.

Chill your beans, we're not going down. If you genuinely think we're in a relegation battle, then I dread to think what your outlook on other parts of life is. 

Your last sentence is a complete joke but largely commensurate with your logic. 

9 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Have you seen that stat from today? @Ric Flair

8 hours ago, elvisfmcfly said:

Not surprising you would pop up, one of the happiest clappers and wanting to fit in posters on foxes talk. How did you like the old defensive sub again?  I think I remember you were the same defending Puel. There will be no more engagement with you cause you’re simply a waste of air. 

Have a long think about that last sentence. By all means have a difference of opinion but that’s simply not on 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Have a long think about that last sentence. By all means have a difference of opinion but that’s simply not on 

Well he’s always come across as self righteous to me along with one other who I won’t name, I’m happy with what I wrote, I don’t want any conversation with him and his condescending tone. 

Just now, st albans fox said:

Basically that because it wasn’t clear where the ball struck, that it was reasonable to stick with the on field call 

the two ex pros both said it was handball 

It was very clear where it struck ffs