Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

And by having the ‘sleeve line’, they brought the width of the arm into offside (when hanging down by the body)  whereas before, it was drawn down through the armpit 

But if you are allowing the top of the shoulder then I guess offside will remain the same as now. 

The offside rule is another different story...I have my views on that too.

6 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

For me, get rid of that line. Anything that hits side on is arm, if you score with the top of your shoulder then that is OK (although they should be disallowed for being a shiite goal). As you say, they have just made it worse by having that "sleeve" line.

Being a cynic, its quite clear too me that the league, as a brand, appreciates the wriggle room having a slightly unclear ruling brings. The fact they changed the rule, yet failed to clarify,in fact it more confusing is a poor sign.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, LC1884FC said:

Pretty dull season so far. Runaway league leader, 3 teams cut adrift and the usual 4/5 fighting it out for CL once their games in hand over West Ham have been played. 

Yep shame really ..  even with our injury ravaged team we still nearly beat Wham who are probably the main contenders ..  :mellow:

image.png.133ff99fe4fab572abc3972d515b1d0a.png

SAINTS OR SINNERS 

Is this the secret tactic behind Southampton’s success this season that cheeky Hasenhuttl uses between 60 and 70 mins?

Ralph Hasenhuttl has managed to squeeze every last drop out of his players during another gruelling season.

The Athletic believe that they may have found out how he's doing it.

Their research reveals that a Saints players has gone down and received treatment between the 60th and 70th minute in 14 of their 24 Premier League matches.

Each time during the brief stoppage in play, stars consume energy gels as they take a quick breather.

There is no suggestion that Southampton are feigning injuries to deliberately cause a stoppage in play.

The gels are believed to help players' endurance, with results kicking in around ten minutes after consumption.

6 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

image.png.133ff99fe4fab572abc3972d515b1d0a.png

SAINTS OR SINNERS 

Is this the secret tactic behind Southampton’s success this season that cheeky Hasenhuttl uses between 60 and 70 mins?

Ralph Hasenhuttl has managed to squeeze every last drop out of his players during another gruelling season.

The Athletic believe that they may have found out how he's doing it.

Their research reveals that a Saints players has gone down and received treatment between the 60th and 70th minute in 14 of their 24 Premier League matches.

Each time during the brief stoppage in play, stars consume energy gels as they take a quick breather.

There is no suggestion that Southampton are feigning injuries to deliberately cause a stoppage in play.

The gels are believed to help players' endurance, with results kicking in around ten minutes after consumption.

This has got a bit more info about it that’s not behind a paywall here - https://www.givemesport.com/87973510-southampton-study-asks-if-players-going-down-in-second-half-is-plan-or-coincidence?fbclid=IwAR1Ul3xCqDXX2mBNUzfEomswDx0FBmy-xKEbHg_oNvQJ9nuAl3tL_REjsJ0

To be fair they’ve only done it 14 out of 24 matches, though that’s countered by them not having done it when they’ve scored between 62-70mins, or when 4-0 down against Liverpool, according to the article.

Also, their record at the end of games is mixed at best. 

5 minutes ago, goody2028 said:

‘It’s always a good noise in here these days’ for who, the deaf? 

The West Ham love in is sickening, not downplaying what they've done by any means but apparently West Ham would be disappointed with a point against the likes of Leicester 😂 

Edited by Tommy Fresh
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I know they've spent a lot of money but Newcastle have been fantastic for the past 4 or 5 games. I don't think they'll be anywhere near the relegation zone (in terms of points wise) come the end of the season.

They'll be a real force next season and beyond!

I can see them signing some top players in the summer.

1 minute ago, winteriscoming said:

They win and they’ll only be 3 points behind us. I can’t stand West Ham but how we are playing atm I want the bottom 4 to keep losing. 

Despite how poor we are at present it would take worse than Derby 2008 form between now and the end of the season for us to go down. Virtually impossible to happen.

3 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Despite how poor we are at present it would take worse than Derby 2008 form between now and the end of the season for us to go down. Virtually impossible to happen.

I agree. But we haven’t won yet this year. There’s always one side that gets dragged into a relegation battle. Just hope it’s not us. 

Just now, kingkisnorbo said:

Something really annoying about Dawson. Can’t pin down what it is. 

Probably us not signing him? lol I imagine most clubs feel the same about Evans because they were too stuck up to sign him. 

• Like 1