Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

11 minutes ago, don_danbury said:

they were never ahead of 5th by 14 points so they never had anything to bottle tbf

Kind why the whole Bottingham Hotspur is a bit silly to me as it implies they bottled the league in 2016 when they were never really challenging let alone in a position of control at the top to bottle it.

Guest StevieLynex
13 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

Inflatable cats waved by the Newcastle fans, great. Why didn't we think of that?

We could have thrown some Kit Kats on to the pitch

Guest StevieLynex
2 minutes ago, Corky said:

Aston Villa are matching us for the level of disappointment this season given their expenditure.

Man Utd would be a better fit

9 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Kind why the whole Bottingham Hotspur is a bit silly to me as it implies they bottled the league in 2016 when they were never really challenging let alone in a position of control at the top to bottle it.

i dont really see them as bottlers really. the only thing you could say is that they bottled second but that doesnt really mean much

7 minutes ago, Corky said:

Aston Villa are matching us for the level of disappointment this season given their expenditure.

Mmh. 

I dunno. In typical villa fashion they've spent a lot of money and not really bought owt. 

It was disappointing before they even kicked a ball. What they got for their cash wasn't exactly exciting. 

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Mmh. 

I dunno. In typical villa fashion they've spent a lot of money and not really bought owt. 

It was disappointing before they even kicked a ball. What they got for their cash wasn't exactly exciting. 

I thought Ings and Bailey would be better value than they've been. Buendia and Coutinho look like good signings.

I'd still expect us to finish above them all being equal but both to be higher in the table.

The Man United = us reference made a bit earlier is probably a better comparison, actually.

Football fans are so funny, there's no in-between it's they're shit or they're brilliant 🤣 Villa are not going to suddenly win every week because Gerrard is there, he's still a rookie. People saying they've spent a lot. Not really. 25m for Digne, a loan for Coutinho, it's not mega bucks. They're ambitious and fall into the category of lots of clubs really, big fanbase, but never likely to win much.

• Like 1

Just now, FoxyJim1987 said:

Football fans are so funny, there's no in-between it's they're shit or they're brilliant 🤣 Villa are not going to suddenly win every week because Gerrard is there, he's still a rookie. People saying they've spent a lot. Not really. 25m for Digne, a loan for Coutinho, it's not mega bucks. They're ambitious and fall into the category of lots of clubs really, big fanbase, but never likely to win much.

Spent £100m in the summer.

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
Just now, FoxyJim1987 said:

It's mega bucks on wages. 350k a week between the two of them.