Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

This commentary is everything that is wrong with Sky and the big 6. Not everything is about Liverpool.

But then when the coverage of a game not involving Liverpool is led by the daughter of the greatest player in Liverpool’s history, the lead pundit is one of the most successful captains in Liverpool’s history and the co-commentator is a man who played 500+ times got them, maybe I shouldn’t be surprised.

Just now, ttfn said:

This commentary is everything that is wrong with Sky and the big 6. Not everything is about Liverpool.

But then when the coverage of a game not involving Liverpool is led by the daughter of the greatest player in Liverpool’s history, the lead pundit is one of the most successful captains in Liverpool’s history and the co-commentator is a man who played 500+ times got them, maybe I shouldn’t be surprised.

Totally agree. I didn't appreciate hearing Jamie Carragher reach orgasm when Kane scored either.

4 minutes ago, TK95 said:

We have a lovely defensive coach here. He played for Man City too :ph34r:

He'd be getting a pat on the back and a "you tried you're best" from Rodgers after defending like that. Pep was going mental at him grabbing his arm!

2 minutes ago, ttfn said:

It's pathetic how biased a lot of commentary and punditry is on sky and BT. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, ttfn said:

Tbh Kelly Dalglish is the best presenter Sky Sports have. So much more than just Kenny's daughter.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Makes the title race more interesting. 

6pts, 1 game in hand for Liverpool. 

Can't see Man City winning all their games. Would be great if it goes to final day. 

Remember Man City still need to play Liverpool again👀

Edited by Chloe_77

18 minutes ago, ttfn said:

It’s Sky.If Chelsea were on Man City’s coat tails,it would be about them.As a business they want it as close as possible and about the big 6.Who probably pull in the most viewers.

Edited by cambridgefox
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Tbh Kelly Dalglish is the best presenter Sky Sports have. So much more than just Kenny's daughter.

Not disputing that and not for a moment suggesting that’s why she’s presenting it.

But they don’t take a moment‘s thought to see that that balance is all wrong. 

Edited by ttfn

4 minutes ago, ttfn said:

Not disputing that and not for a moment suggesting that’s why she’s presenting it.

But they don’t take a moment‘s thought to see that that balance is all wrong. 

Exactly. Least with BT they have more balance with presenters that aren’t just Big Six bias.  

I’m neither a fan of either broadcaster- but sky are getting worse and worse with their clear bias to the ESL teams. Time after time two non ESL teams will be playing- but they spend half the game talking about the big six instead. 

It’s so obvious listening to each commentary of every game, who the commentators support… i thought they had to be neutral during the game😂

Edited by Chloe_77

8 minutes ago, Chloe_77 said:

Exactly. Least with BT they have more balance with presenters that aren’t just Big Six bias.  

I’m neither a fan of either broadcaster- but sky are getting worse and worse with their clear bias to the ESL teams. Time after time two non ESL teams will be playing- but they spend half the game talking about the big six instead. 

It’s so obvious listening to each commentary of every game, who the commentators support… i thought they had to be neutral during the game😂

You're never gonna get away from the fact sports reporters support football clubs. I love it when Lineker is going all out Leicester but I imagine that annoys neutral supporters. 

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 2