Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

I’m trying to be optimistic about a turn of form coming soon for us. However we are at a critical juncture in the season where teams above and below us are picking up points making our league position very uncertain. We need some major luck too in terms of injuries, getting all our players back, goals going in AND our nearest challengers to drop points. It’s a tall ask but that’s what it’s going to take to get out of this hole we’re in. That’s why I’m watching and praying in other games for results to go against our rivals. Anyone else doing the same?

On 20/02/2022 at 15:50, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Limbs in both ends for this, great example of the few games left in English football with a bit of bite left in them.

"English football" is pushing it?

Top flight maybe but there's plenty of rivalries with bite left in them throughout the Country. Lower league especially, the likes of Grimsby/Lincoln and Wrexham/Chester etc (I know both of those aren't currently in the same division either), it's just that the top flight is currently missing derbies such as Birmingham/Villa, Sunderland/Newcastle which have as much bite as we saw from Man Utd/Leeds on Sunday. Plus those two hadn't played each other in the league, with fans at Elland Road, for about 17 years because massive club Leeds have been between tiers 2 and 3. Years without playing make the game bigger.

Edited by Fox92

13 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

"English football" is pushing it?

Top flight maybe but there's plenty of rivalries with bite left in them throughout the Country. Lower league especially, the likes of Grimsby/Lincoln and Wrexham/Chester etc (I know both of those aren't currently in the same division either), it's just that the top flight is currently missing derbies such as Birmingham/Villa, Sunderland/Newcastle which have as much bite as we saw from Man Utd/Leeds on Sunday. Plus those two hadn't played each other in the league, with fans at Elland Road, for about 17 years because massive club Leeds have been between tiers 2 and 3. Years without playing make the game bigger.

I said there are a "few" games with edge left in them, and you've listed a few fixtures there that I'd agree with. Like you say most of these games aren't played anyway as the teams are in different leagues. How many times has Blues Villa been played in the last decade for example. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I said there are a "few" games with edge left in them, and you've listed a few fixtures there that I'd agree with. Like you say most of these games aren't played anyway as the teams are in different leagues. How many times has Blues Villa been played in the last decade for example. 

Yeah it's a shame there's no Birmingham derby or Sunderland/Newcastle. Both are among the best rivalries in the Country.

I'm guessing last time was when Villa were in the Championship for a couple seasons but with Sunderland's demise I dunno why they last played Newcastle.

WBA probably won't come up this season so will miss out on the Black Country Derby next season again (no fans last season was a downer on that one).

• Like 1

I had chicken, mushrooms and a white wine/cream sauce for dinner. Homemade, so it sounds better than it was.

I just thought that as we are down to talking about Watford, Palace et al, we’d reached a nadir that my supper could lift us away from 👍

5 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Harry boy just done in Madrid. How did we get 80m for him???

Whenever I'm raging because we spluffed £30m on Perez or £15m on Vestergaard, I think of united spending £80m on Slab and it doesn't seem so bad.

Edited by Tielemans63
  • Like 2