Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

1 minute ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Canny Dyche  sold Newcastle Chris Wood who was s*** for Burnley this season and bought Weghorst for less than half what he sold Wood for.

And Weghorst looks like a great solid buy, while Newcastle fans on Twitter think they've been rinsed 😂

There wasn't any skill involved from Burnley, Wood had a release clause of £20m and activated it as they were getting desperate for players. We ghost for half that though is a good deal.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

There wasn't any skill involved from Burnley, Wood had a release clause of £20m and activated it as they were getting desperate for players. We ghost for half that though is a good deal.

Did anyone know of Weghorst before Burnley signed him?

We're lucky Newcastle bought Chris Wood or Brendan wood have signed him for his summer rebuild as he fits his type of signing....EPL ready EPL experienced, paying 3 times as much as he is worth and around 30 years old 😂

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Canny Dyche  sold Newcastle Chris Wood who was s*** for Burnley this season and bought Weghorst for less than half what he sold Wood for.

And Weghorst looks like a great solid buy, while Newcastle fans on Twitter think they've been rinsed 😂

As long as they don’t go down, it’ll be a good piece of business.

Even aside from the growing threat of us getting dragged into the picture, the idea of Burnley going from no-hopers to potentially dodging the drop at the expense of newly-minted Newcastle would be the story arc most neutrals are hoping for.

Now if only Norwich could pull their finger out and dunk Everton alongside them, that would be wonderful.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Did anyone know of Weghorst before Burnley signed him?

We're lucky Newcastle bought Chris Wood or Brendan wood have signed him for his summer rebuild as he fits his type of signing....EPL ready EPL experienced, paying 3 times as much as he is worth and around 30 years old 😂

Weghorst starts up top for Holland

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

Even aside from the growing threat of us getting dragged into the picture, the idea of Burnley going from no-hopers to potentially dodging the drop at the expense of newly-minted Newcastle would be the story arc most neutrals are hoping for.

Now if only Norwich could pull their finger out and dunk Everton alongside them, that would be wonderful.

Don't forget Leeds.  The dream scenario would be Everton, Newcastle, Leeds for the drop.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, dsr-burnley said:

Don't forget Leeds.  The dream scenario would be Everton, Newcastle, Leeds for the drop.

Despite us being absolutely abysmal, I think we would all be united in saying this was a great season if that happened 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Oooooh I didn't even think about that! :fc:

I’d call them up, offer a swap and volunteer to pay travel expenses for both.  But I don’t quite get this logic of Brendan taking the Leicester job because he wasn’t good enough for a “Super League” club, getting into the firing zone or actually being fired, and suddenly being good enough for a Super League job.  Yeah Tottenham are a mess, but it’s not happening.

2 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

They weren’t just beaten by a one chance goal. Burnley were genuinely the far better side. 

Weird that after the man city result they’d be so lack lustre in this one 

Kane is brilliant in certain games where he cares 

Eg.  us and Man City

8 hours ago, Happy Fox said:

Brendan to Spuds?

8 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Oooooh I didn't even think about that! :fc:

it’s been mentioned on here over the past few days - why sack a manager and have to pay him off  when you can get a release clause paid instead ???

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

I’d call them up, offer a swap and volunteer to pay travel expenses for both.  But I don’t quite get this logic of Brendan taking the Leicester job because he wasn’t good enough for a “Super League” club, getting into the firing zone or actually being fired, and suddenly being good enough for a Super League job.  Yeah Tottenham are a mess, but it’s not happening.

Nuno was given the job by levy ……..

rodgers has admirers down at the Lane …..

I think he would do a good job there ……

12 minutes ago, Lineker's Left Foot said:

Not sure if you’re joking but didn’t they only beat Manchester City away in the previous match?  They’re just so inconsistent.  Funny that Conte is basically calling it a ‘basket case’ of a club though 😂

He’s also taking media attention off his players and onto himself and the club ……. 

9 hours ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Would be superb if Newcastle went down and Burnley stayed up.

Get Leeds down as well.

I’m sensing a lot of respect for Conte in what he’s doing and saying but is that because it’s aimed at the club Tottenham?

If that was Rodgers acting in the same way how would the Conte respecters react?

Conte is another 1 of those I’m bigger than the club types, I want full control, i need £200m per season if you want me to challenge for top 4 and to the media my hands are tied what does the club expect me to do if they not happy they can get rid of me.

• Like 2