Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

26 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Just for the context, we’ve also played 3 games less than the teams above us. It’s easy to look at it with a negative bias at the moment, but you could also say win our games in hand and we are up to 9th and not far behind West Ham.

With such a discrepancy in the amount of league games played, outside the top and bottom 3 the league table isn’t really worth looking at. 

Yeah I keep thinking this…then I try to remember the last time we won 3 prem games in a row. 

Edit: I know 3 games in hand isn’t the same as winning 3 games in a row but point is still valid. 

Edited by adam95581
Clarification
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

I’m relying on the bottom 3 losing because I honestly don’t see where the next league win is coming from. Worse case scenario Burnley could be 1 point behind us after they play us. 

Equally, Burnley wont be in 18th if they win their next 2 games so it doesnt mean we'll be 1 point off relegation.

4 hours ago, winteriscoming said:

Great result Norwich losing just need Watford and Burnley to lose at the weekend. 

Tell me those who think it’s hilarious that I want the sides in the bottom 3 to lose. Where do you see us winning because I genuinely don’t see us winning. We look dreadful defensively and I want us to be safe but can see us being dragged into a relegation battle. 

9 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Just for the context, we’ve also played 3 games less than the teams above us. It’s easy to look at it with a negative bias at the moment, but you could also say win our games in hand and we are up to 9th and not far behind West Ham.

With such a discrepancy in the amount of league games played, outside the top and bottom 3 the league table isn’t really worth looking at. 

Yep context is important and 9th is not exactly a yardstick of success for us (or anyone!). I was being a bit facetious.

But that’s sort of the point - we are so far off the pace that even if we win all of our games in hand (which we have shown no sign of doing) we’d scrape into 9th and still be 9 points off 5th (where we’ve finished the last 2 seasons) having played 2 games more. 

14 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Don't understand posts like this, Saints took a few hammerings in last few years but have always been a decent Prem side 

Hassenhuttl has done things is spells there. Had a really poor first half of the season in our 9-0 then second half had a storming run. Last season they started superbly then fell off a cliff. Slow start this year (too many draws) and now getting into gear.

It's been a question of more consistency from them, they've had the capabilities of good runs of form.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, winteriscoming said:

Tell me those who think it’s hilarious that I want the sides in the bottom 3 to lose. Where do you see us winning because I genuinely don’t see us winning. We look dreadful defensively and I want us to be safe but can see us being dragged into a relegation battle. 

We'll be fine, chill out.

Even if we don't win, teams below us are also losing points and taking points from each other.

Leeds play Spurs today. Watford play Man Utd. Everton play Man City. Brentford and Newcastle are playing each other.

We won't go down.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, winteriscoming said:

Against Norwich Brentford and Leeds I see us winning, as all 3 look more dreadful than us and in worst form than us. Leeds and Norwich somehow have even worse defensive records than us too.

Edited by Sampson

Just now, Fox92 said:

We'll be fine, chill out.

Even if we don't win, teams below us are also losing points and taking points from each other.

Leeds play Spurs today. Watford play Man Utd. Everton play Man City. Brentford and Newcastle are playing each other.

We won't go down.

Hope you’re right and I’m wrong. 
Just worrying how where we are now. Having played wolves and West Ham recently who both imo looked average yet are challenging top 4 while we are looking over our shoulders at the bottom. 

2 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Hope you’re right and I’m wrong. 
Just worrying how where we are now. Having played wolves and West Ham recently who both imo looked average yet are challenging top 4 while we are looking over our shoulders at the bottom. 

Well they haven't had their defence missing all season. I don't like using it as an excuse, because it's not and we have been inconsistent this season, but it's such a key area and we can't form any sort of partneships this season. Wolves were completely average but remove Killman and Codey and see where they are.

We're in poor form but all teams below us aren't gonna suddenly start winning plus, as I detailed, they've all got to play each other anyway.

Beat Leeds next week and you'll be feeling better!

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Hearing Crouch argue a statue outside a ground is better than winning trophies at another club is odd. 

Surely as a sportsman you want to win as much as possible? 

In the case of Bremner he has won everything but yeah bit of a weird argument. It's all about winning.

8 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Hearing Crouch argue a statue outside a ground is better than winning trophies at another club is odd. 

Surely as a sportsman you want to win as much as possible? 

For Kane its all about personal achievement anyway. Did you see him going through the shirts? Picked out one from the 2015/16 season as a favourite, because they ultimately failed but he scored lots of goals. Kane would be happy with a statue, goals record and no trophy.

3 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

For Kane its all about personal achievement anyway. Did you see him going through the shirts? Picked out one from the 2015/16 season as a favourite, because they ultimately failed but he scored lots of goals. Kane would be happy with a statue, goals record and no trophy.

Didn't see the pre-match stuff, walked in to hear the discussion I mentioned but that's about it. 

Assume he's set his sights on the goals record at this point rather than anything else.