Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

2 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Thought Howe was pony but he’s done a really decent job at Newcastle. 

He took Bournemouth from edge of relegation to non league to the Premier League. Far from "pony".

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Two sides to that coin. Took them down after spending an absolute fortune. 

Well yeah, I'd imagine it's very hard to attract decent players to Bournemouth. Most managers spend an absolute fortune in the PL anyway.

Odd that we are slating Leeds defence when ours is so dire!

With Leeds you do notice that every player puts in one heck of a shift, whereas it is the complete opposite with us - only KDH giving the requisite 100% effort.

I'm afraid their Leeds are gonna thrash our Weeds next week!

1 minute ago, SuperMike said:

Odd that we are slating Leeds defence when ours is so dire!

With Leeds you do notice that every player puts in one heck of a shift, whereas it is the complete opposite with us - only KDH giving the requisite 100% effort.

I'm afraid their Leeds are gonna thrash our Weeds next week!

Funny really cos come off the plane from Denmark literally read a Twitter comment from a Leeds fan saying the players look like they’ve given up 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

That does not fill me with confidence.

We bottled under pressure from a chasing pack, albeit at the other end of the table, the previous two seasons. Also some of those around/below us know how to scrap in a relegaion fight.

I'm worried.

Why are you worried. Chill out.

Teams below us taking points off each other.

Why do people think all these teams are suddenly gonna start winning.

Leeds and Brentford looks far worse than we do. We will beat Leeds next week and everything will be okay.

4 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Funny really cos come off the plane from Denmark literally read a Twitter comment from a Leeds fan saying the players look like they’ve given up 

People overreacting massively. Leeds and Brentford look shot, in complete freefall. People think, granted, we will lose every game but for us to be caught up in a relegation battle it requires all the sides below to start picking up points which won't happen.

People focus on us but don't consider other fixtures.

28 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Thought Howe was pony but he’s done a really decent job at Newcastle. 

He s got one of the best CVs, from those managers & clubs who hold their own & compete from the Hype of big teams......

typical pony from a fan, I ( we) usually expect more from...

32 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

He took Bournemouth from edge of relegation to non league to the Premier League. Far from "pony".

Even ill Give him credit. He’s spent his time away learning how to organise a defence. He’s a different animal now when you think he can organise a defence and get an attack going. 

Also to the £100m comment above. £40m of that has barely had a kick and £20m has been injured last three games. 

Yes they’ve spent but the team he’s got doing the business is majority what Bruce had…

Just now, AjcW said:

Even ill Give him credit. He’s spent his time away learning how to organise a defence. He’s a different animal now when you think he can organise a defence and get an attack going. 

Also to the £100m comment above. £40m of that has barely had a kick and £20m has been injured last three games. 

Yes they’ve spent but the team he’s got doing the business is majority what Bruce had…

You owe me a pint then? ;)