Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

Just seen the Rodri handball. Amazing how that's not given. Especially when you think what Moutinho was penalised for against Man City couple months back. 

Then you realise its Chris Kavanagh on VAR and it makes a tad more sense. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Corky said:

Abramovich isn't giving Chelsea away, this will probably be temporary whilst the Ukraine situation is continuing.

He'd be able to sell it for billions if he wanted to.

Perhaps he sees the endless business opportunities that come with war and the destruction of another sovereign nation. 

Leave Chelsea to the underlings while you go and make a couple more billion.

7 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

It's "sleeve area" when they want it to be.

If that's an Everton player then Man City get the decision and, worse than that, their players would be surrounding the referee to give the decision. 

I think it’s a pen 

but as has been said above, kavanagh is consistent because he made the same judgment at our place 

if kavanagh gives that then there is absolute uproar on here and quite rightly 

13 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Just seen the Rodri handball. Amazing how that's not given. Especially when you think what Moutinho was penalised for against Man City couple months back. 

They'll have to change the rule AGAIN for next year, it's getting ridiculous. No way they'll leave it as it is. 

The ref is taking pelters for it but in all fairness they've got absolutely no idea how to police it because the wording of the law is so fvcking ridiculous. 

Wherever thought up the sleeve thing was either a complete moron or deliberately facilitating corruption. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

They'll have to change the rule AGAIN for next year, it's getting ridiculous. No way they'll leave it as it is. 

The ref is taking pelters for it but in all fairness they've got absolutely no idea how to police it because the wording of the law is so fvcking ridiculous. 

Wherever thought up the sleeve thing was either a complete moron or deliberately facilitating corruption. 

100% 

we mentioned this a couple, weeks back with the Dawson goal 

how can you have a t shirt line when the actual ball contact is impossible to judge ??  IFAB f up again by fiddling with a rule change which was ill  thought out in the first place …. 

33 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Yep:

FMjEW8PXsAIH3cB?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Apparently this has nothing to do with the decision and they just don’t think it was handball .

It's just outrageous. I've heard so many excuses for these dodgy decisions and in this case none of them add up. 

It hit his raised arm. I don't care what percentage was above and below the sleeve line, there was clearly contact with his arm below the sleeveline. 

Clear and obvious? Well if the ref missed it and the video shows it hitting his arm, it's clearly and obviously handball! 

As for the alleged earlier off-side, from the still I've seen Richarlison doesn't even look off-side! Not that we saw any VAR stills with lines etc. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Phenom said:

US telecast seems pretty confident that it was offside, even though they didn’t show it.

Lampard has said it wasn’t to do with offside .

Just they thought it wasn’t handball

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.goal.com/en/amp/news/everton-man-city-penalty-handball-furious/blte30b7534b8ec7a2b

Edited by Super_horns

5 minutes ago, Royston. said:

Time to scrap VAR, its bringing the game into disrepute on a weekly basis.

I'd rather go back to plain old on pitch cunty referee's.

Surely time to mic them up, like in rugby. Let us hear the conversation and rationale for their decisions.

Mind you, I can't see it happening!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Plastik Man said:

Surely time to mic them up, like in rugby. Let us hear the conversation and rationale for their decisions.

Mind you, I can't see it happening!

Cos we would hear them say...."sleeve, no hand ball but it's old Trafford and fergie is glaring at me"

• Like 1