Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

1 minute ago, Unabomber said:

Of course it’s to do with the ref he should’ve given it in the first instance.

It’s a marginal call, the ref doesn’t have a great view and the context of the match and when it happens, means it’s understandable that the ref didn’t make an on-field decision, and hoped that VAR would help him. 

I’d place a lot of the blame on the VAR room 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

"New manager bounce" is a myth anyway. 

Plenty of examples this season alone where a new manager has come in and nothing has changed.

You’re right to a certain extent. 

However their players will be well up for it next weekend- i’m sure there will be plenty of their players trying to show the manager why they should be in the team. New manager doesn’t always guarantee results, but their players will want to prove a point- both to their fans, but also to impress the new manager

3 minutes ago, Chloe_77 said:

You’re right to a certain extent. 

However their players will be well up for it next weekend- i’m sure there will be plenty of their players trying to show the manager why they should be in the team. New manager doesn’t always guarantee results, but their players will want to prove a point- both to their fans, but also to impress the new manager

Players probably will be up for it, they should have been anyway regardless considering they're in a relegation battle, but they're still a shocking team.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Royston. said:

Time to scrap VAR, its bringing the game into disrepute on a weekly basis.

I'd rather go back to plain old on pitch cunty referee's.

I want VAR to stay. At least when they made howlers there is clear visual evidence of it now, rather than just the referees shaking their head and waving stuff away like we had before. 

3 hours ago, ttfn said:

The handball rule never needed changing in the first instance. It all seemed to come about from  this, which some people seemed adamant wasn’t a penalty:image.thumb.jpeg.17abe71beba8653e6b4fe73f43bb8986.jpeg

Of course this is a penalty, he’s played the ball deliberately with part of his arm. The fact that it also touches his shoulder doesn’t matter, he’s gained an advantage from playing the ball deliberately with his arm.

Wow, I thought that pic was gonna be an example of a penalty given that clearly shouldn't have been. That's one of the most obvious cases of shoulder and not arm I've ever seen. Clear non pen. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, The Bear said:

I want VAR to stay. At least when they made howlers there is clear visual evidence of it now, rather than just the referees shaking their head and waving stuff away like we had before. 

Wow, I thought that pic was gonna be an example of a penalty given that clearly shouldn't have been. That's one of the most obvious cases of shoulder and not arm I've ever seen. Clear non pen. 

I have to agree there, that is not a penalty, but the West Ham goal against us was clear handball still lol 

12 minutes ago, The Bear said:

The line literally has to be drawn somewhere so the question you’ve got to ask is whether it’s better that Mings gets punished and Rodri and Dawson get away with it or vice versa. I’d be surprised if many people thought that yesterday’s handball shouldn’t be a penalty. My personal opinion is that the Mings one should be punished, yours is the opposite, but clearly there’s a debate to be had there whereas yesterday’s one goes against everything we’ve understood handball to be since day dot.

Agree with you about VAR.

1 hour ago, SystonFox said:

Funny how nobody was kicking off en masse when Dawson scored a last minute equaliser with his elbow

There always seems to be more outrage with handballs given or not given that result or don't result in a penalty than for goals themselves with the hand (Maradona aside)

34 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

Bielsa sacked!!

I’m a bit shocked by that as the whole identity of this Leeds side is built around Bielsa’s philosophy.

It just shows that nobody is too big to fall. Lose our next two games and I think Brendan will be gone! 

Bielsa was another who broke his players, you can be one of the most pioneering coaches out there but if your players can't cope then it's futile. We're in the same boat, absolutely no point plotting and planning anything, we're always good for half a dozen injuries if not more.

• Like 1