Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

2 minutes ago, Jonezy said:

Very jealous off West Ham's defending, but still disgusted with Zouma playing.

Yes - I just was thinking if this was us, we would be getting ready to concede right now.

Guest MarshallForEngland

I wonder when referees will consider enforcing the 6-second rule for goalkeepers. Fabianski held it for almost 20 seconds then and he's done it several times. 

18 minutes ago, Scotch said:

No... The reality is we are closer to Norwich than we are Wolves. Fact. 

You can talk about how Turgid they and West Ham are but the simple fact is that they are in 6th and 8th and we are not so even if you care how bad they've been (most don't) it's is very obvious that we have been worse so drawing a comparison is completely irrelevant.

I’m just not part of the Private James Frazer school of thinking many are and great, each to their own.

They way our team is judged by some we would be looking for a manager every other season & that’s not something I buy into.

The point is performance wise as I said previously we are not a million miles from many of the teams above us, we have lost a majority of points due to fine margins rather than being dicked week in week out.

We have had 2 top 5 finishes and this season due to x,y & z we are not hitting the mark but surely the fact we had those 2 seasons means once all fit & some additions it can happen again or because 1 poor means that’s it no more.

Moyes finished 10th then 16th prior to a 6th place finish Private James Frazer school of thought wouldn’t have had him there to get that 6th

6 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

I’m just not part of the Private James Frazer school of thinking many are and great, each to their own.

They way our team is judged by some we would be looking for a manager every other season & that’s not something I buy into.

The point is performance wise as I said previously we are not a million miles from many of the teams above us, we have lost a majority of points due to fine margins rather than being dicked week in week out.

We have had 2 top 5 finishes and this season due to x,y & z we are not hitting the mark but surely the fact we had those 2 seasons means once all fit & some additions it can happen again or because 1 poor means that’s it no more.

Moyes finished 10th then 16th prior to a 6th place finish Private James Frazer school of thought wouldn’t have had him there to get that 6th

First of all, I have no idea what the "Private James Frazer" garbage you're talking about is but you seem proud of yourself for coming up with that so well done. 

Secondly, I'm not here to debate with you the pros and cons of keeping BR, that being the point I think you're trying to make. 

The reason I commented was that you implied that because West Ham and Wolves play shit football, we shouldn't criticise Leicester for doing so. My argument is that how well you play, or don't play is secondary to results. Points are all that matter and they get them whilst we don't. That's why they are doing far better than we are in the league. 

Where they, or we finished the last two season really means nothing. It's were we are now. Go ask uncle Claudio about that and where we are now is 10 points off bottom of the table so you can't really argue that we shouldn't criticise that because other teams are boring to watch. 

On 26/02/2022 at 21:13, Smashing-Pumpkin said:

Find the psychology of fans a little strange at times.

Leeds are "entertaining" (surely thats in the eye of the beholder) and they get absolutely pumped most weeks, yet Bielsa was never under any pressure.

Teams who are significantly better than them and better organised, AND have actually done things like win an FA cup, qualify for european competition etc, and Rogers is universally criticised.

Take it as a compliment. More is expected of us than Leeds now. That's progress.

• Like 1

I'm weirdly not too bothered about Bielsa going before they play us. I don't really think Leeds will get a bounce from this. Their players aren't going to become unbroken as a result. He's like a drug of a manager and they're currently on the comedown.

We've got to beat them. I actually think Leeds will go down. It isn't a good squad.

23 hours ago, Fox92 said:

I did notice recently he's been on the bench. 

Thought he looked half decent against United last week though.

Yeah still reckon he’s their key to safety. If whoever they bring in puts the arm around him and gets him interested again then they’ve got a fighting chance. But they also need to sort the defence out because 14 goals in 3 games conceded is absolutely honking. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

I'm weirdly not too bothered about Bielsa going before they play us. I don't really think Leeds will get a bounce from this. Their players aren't going to become unbroken as a result. He's like a drug of a manager and they're currently on the comedown.

We've got to beat them. I actually think Leeds will go down. It isn't a good squad.

Exactly. Whoever comes in will have to work on the team and change their philosophy. It's not going to work from Day 1, this will take some time. Bielsa has got everything out of them and they will need time to recharge, possibly in the Championship.

5 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Exactly. Whoever comes in will have to work on the team and change their philosophy. It's not going to work from Day 1, this will take some time. Bielsa has got everything out of them and they will need time to recharge, possibly in the Championship.

Their new manager is unlikely to be in charge for the weekend as they are struggling to get a visa to. So its going to be more likely to be someone from the under 23's management in charge. So they arent going to change their full philosophy and tactics in 5 days. 

21 hours ago, MarshallForEngland said:

I wonder when referees will consider enforcing the 6-second rule for goalkeepers. Fabianski held it for almost 20 seconds then and he's done it several times. 

not sure that is even a rule these days is it? I thought it was scrapped? 

20 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

It's hilarious how people consider Leeds a big club with shit like that lmao 

People get confused between a big club and a big fan base.

A big club doesn't spend 20 years outside the top flight and at least 3 or 4 of those seasons in the third tier.

4 hours ago, Fox92 said:

People get confused between a big club and a big fan base.

A big club doesn't spend 20 years outside the top flight and at least 3 or 4 of those seasons in the third tier.

Leeds haven’t been ran like a big club since the 70s in my opinion. 

Important club in the context of English football, loads of fans all over the world, a decent honours board - but absolutely tin pot in the boardroom and from an ownership perspective and that’s (unfortunately) where you need to be better in this day and age.