Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Disgraceful from the Sun - hope Delph takes them to the cleaners and the courts relish it because they are jeopardising an existing case 

Falsely named by people on social media as far as I can tell. The Sun haven't named Delph or the one we all know of.

1 minute ago, Bert said:

In other news I just can’t wait for Demarai Gray to score his first Everton goal against us. 

For the Money they’re gonna get him for he’s such a risk free signing - you’re so right 😂 😂 if anyone can find a more rounded player in him it’s probably Rafa.

i do hope he does well for them and shows he can do it in the Prem - except when he plays us 😆 which is guaranteed as Bert said 😂 

23 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Falsely named by people on social media as far as I can tell. The Sun haven't named Delph or the one we all know of.

Well from what I understand it’s been said by the police that the man in question is a 31 year old male. We know he’s an Everton footballer from the clubs statement. Everton only have two 31 year old footballers, the one named by the Sun and the one who actually has been arrested. This was the suns way of naming without naming but it was a disgusting way of doing it.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

Everton's new stadium has seen Liverpool stripped of it's world heritage status by UNESCO :D

There's a lot more to it than the stadium, it had been on a list of sites in danger of losing the title since 2012.

Guest Manley Farrington-Brown
3 hours ago, Bert said:

In other news I just can’t wait for Demarai Gray to score his first Everton goal against us. 

I’m sure if you miss it his second and third will be along within 90 minutes of it…

5 hours ago, ttfn said:

On Delph, I just saw he’s self isolating so has to miss Everton’s US tour.

Why the **** are Everton going on tour to America in the middle of a pandemic?!

Well US nationals are going wherever they please this summer because everyone opened up to fully vaccinated citizens. The fact Everton are going to the US isn’t the problem, the disgusting thing is that people are currently banned from entering the US from the U.K. and so it’s now 18 months that visa holders and their families have been locked in because if they leave they can’t return. 

But if you’re Rafa Benitez and his merry band of mid table nobodies then you can walk in just fine. 

Just to put it in context, if you’re someone with a job, paying taxes with a house in the US you have to pass ‘National interest exemption’ to get back, stay locked out or quarantine in Mexico for 2 weeks before entering.

If you’re Mason Holgate and going over to prepare for another average season, that’s apparently contributing more to the economy than the ~205bn lost in international travel in the last year though. What a ****ing wild world we live in.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Bert said:

Can only assume you mean an own goal :thumbup:

Be interesting to see if he can do anything there though

2 hours ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

Everton's new stadium has seen Liverpool stripped of it's world heritage status by UNESCO :D

Hopefully Liverpool tell Unesco to do one. The docklands are a dive and Everton will be bringing plenty of jobs and visitors to the area.

Everton's stadium isn't even in the area where UNESCO are looking at (apparently, I'm not 100% sure on the specific area they look at) so it is a bit odd to point the finger at them. 

And as said above anyway, Everton's new stadium revitalises that whole area let alone the jobs and value and visual aspect it brings 

28 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

The fumes would be incredible, hope he goes full Adebayor.

Wouldn’t bother me if he celebrated one bit, it’d just be so typical of us. 

2 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Gray getting a 2+1 yr deal at Everton is mad. Leverkusen selling for the same amount they bought for 6 months ago. Says it all

There was a release clause in his contract, they had no control 

2 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Gray getting a 2+1 yr deal at Everton is mad. Leverkusen selling for the same amount they bought for 6 months ago. Says it all

I don’t think he had any intention of staying there given he only signed a one and a half year deal. The fee was probably written into the contract too.