Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

12 minutes ago, jmono84 said:

What I think I’m trying to say is Rodri messed up with little pressure so even though it his his arm did Everton really deserve a peno from that situation. Of course they did because it hit his arm, it would have been a massive slice of luck for them however.

But Dawson handballed the ball into the back of our net in the last minute of the game costing us 2 massive points. I think a lot more should have been made about it, why didn’t we get an apology?

I think he was agreeing with you mate......

Anyway... the reason we didn't get an apology is because Brendan didn't come out and cry about it like fat frank.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Fazzer 7 said:

Wonder who will buy Nick Pope should Burnley get relegated. On last nights performance he should be on our radar.

What impressed me even more than his saves is how calm and commanding he was of his area for set pieces. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Fazzer 7 said:

Wonder who will buy Nick Pope should Burnley get relegated. On last nights performance he should be on our radar.

He's 29 and has been Burnley's no 1 for the last 4 out of 5 seasons... Personally doubt he'd want to come here to be second fiddle to Kasper unless we promise him he can eventually succeed him when he retires. He's good enough to be a No 1 in the PL for another club IMO.

Interesting sidenote he was apparently in the same class as Holly Wells and Jessica Chapman in Soham. 

1 minute ago, urban.spaceman said:

He's 29 and has been Burnley's no 1 for the last 4 out of 5 seasons... Personally doubt he'd want to come here to be second fiddle to Kasper unless we promise him he can eventually succeed him when he retires. He's good enough to be a No 1 in the PL for another club IMO.

Interesting sidenote he was apparently in the same class as Holly Wells and Jessica Chapman in Soham. 

29, he doesn't look it. Didn't know that tbh. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KingsX said:

ChelseaUkraine.JPG.a1c59d78061bcd2b5ec7ee96ef0e0e69.JPG

Chills me to the bone that this picture could even exist. 

They might want to consider who Putin's financiers are?  Or are they "plants" for propaganda purposes?

It looks like it's photshopped to me...

Abramovich wants his loans back as a minimum in any sale 

- that’s between 1.5 and 2 billion 

even if he is forced to accept that price, any buyer is surely not going to be prepared to invest decent sums into the club in transfer budgets and increased salaries for a while 

7 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Abramovich wants his loans back as a minimum in any sale 

- that’s between 1.5 and 2 billion 

even if he is forced to accept that price, any buyer is surely not going to be prepared to invest decent sums into the club in transfer budgets and increased salaries for a while 

Just sanction the dude so he can't sell the club and let it remain in limbo for a year or two, with no possibility of him pumping any more funds in. 

That academy is full of assets they could sell to keep things going.

4 hours ago, jmono84 said:

What I think I’m trying to say is Rodri messed up with little pressure so even though it his his arm did Everton really deserve a peno from that situation. Of course they did because it hit his arm, it would have been a massive slice of luck for them however.

But Dawson handballed the ball into the back of our net in the last minute of the game costing us 2 massive points. I think a lot more should have been made about it, why didn’t we get an apology?

We're too nice and don't want to rock the boat

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

Everton suspend ties with Usmanov. Don't know what that means for their new stadium development.

Moshiri is the front man

its usmanov's money - moshiri is v wealthy but not to the extent that he would pump in the sums that he has. 

the sponsorship sums for the training ground and new stadium are a legitimate way of getting extra funds into the club without breaking FFP.  

because you can invest in infrastructure, moshiri will simply pay the sponsorship sums lost in the short term. 

i assume that usmanov has his dosh sqirrelled away in various parts of the world that arent particularly bothered about banking sanctions. he will not be able to avoid taking a sizeable hit over the next weeks and months. i doubt you will see much difference in the everton situation - BUT if moshiri is told that usmanov  is out of the everton situation then i suspect he will be keen to sell his stake in the club.