Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

20 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Which is why he said 'ONE OF the biggest stadiums in League 1' not 'THE biggest stadium in League 1' ;)

I just wanted to imply that Sunderland will still be there in another 2 years.

17 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

But where would Vardy be ?

The folks at Newcastle probably wish they had waited a few months !

I was thinking exactly this. Would be hilarious if they dumped them and bought Chelsea instead 

4 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Abramovich confirms he's selling Chelsea:

Big news this. 

I do wonder if they’ll go the way of Arsenal without a billionaire pumping money in. 

This could be changing of the guard so to speak. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sly said:

Big news this. 

I do wonder if they’ll go the way of Arsenal without a billionaire pumping money in. 

This could be changing of the guard so to speak. 

Hope so I can’t stand Chelsea 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Abramovich confirms he's selling Chelsea:

Couldn't of happened to a nicer fan base. Hopefully a Glazer type owner comes in, buys them on debt, invests nothing and milks the profits out of the club. 

Moreover, I have instructed my team to set up a charitable foundation where all net proceeds from the sale will be donated. The foundation will be for the benefit of all victims of the war in Ukraine. This includes providing critical funds towards the urgent and immediate needs of victims, as well as supporting the long-term work of recovery.

Fair play if it all goes through and that’s where the funds end up going 

14 minutes ago, goody2028 said:

Moreover, I have instructed my team to set up a charitable foundation where all net proceeds from the sale will be donated. The foundation will be for the benefit of all victims of the war in Ukraine. This includes providing critical funds towards the urgent and immediate needs of victims, as well as supporting the long-term work of recovery.

I read this and thought the same but then I thought again about it and maybe I'm being super-cynical here, but I'm interested to know what 'victims' he's referring to and as I said in another thread, what the 'long-term work of recovery' entails. That rebuild of infrastructure in Ukraine could make Abramovich a lot more than he puts in. Wouldn't surprise me if he saw events in the Ukraine as a huge business opportunity. If you can look like you're helping while cleaning up then all the better from a PR point of view.

Maybe that's harsh. As I say, I'm interested to see who he thinks are the victims here. I'd also be very surprised if he undermined Putin so publicly, that makes me suspicious.

Edited by Tielemans63
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

I read this and thought the same but then I thought again about it and maybe I'm being super-cynical here, but I'm interested to know what 'victims' he's referring to and as I said in another thread, what the 'long-term work of recovery'. That rebuild of infrastructure in Ukraine could make Abramovich a lot more than he puts in. Wouldn't surprise me if he saw events in the Ukraine as a huge business opportunity. If you can look like you're helping while cleaning up then all the better from a PR point of view.

Maybe that's harsh. As I say, I'm interested to see who he thinks are the victims here. I'd also be very surprised if he undermined Putin so publicly, that makes me suspicious.

‘Charitable foundation ‘. - that’s not him 

irrespective of your views on him, it seems he just wants the money he’s owed back and that’s it. 

not many owners would do that  - I wonder if this has been done with the full knowledge of HMG who have waited to sanction him and his assets whilst this gets sorted ….

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, goody2028 said:

How much of his own money is he putting in? 

59 minutes ago, The Bear said:

How much of his own money is he putting in? 

He is owed between 1.5 and 2 billion by Chelsea 
what he’s saying is that anything that the sale generates beyond what he’s owed will be donated to the charitable foundation 

in theory, that excess is all his money 

EDIT: report on SSN states that he’s said he does NOT want his 1.5bn loans back and that the nett proceeds for charity could therefore be several billions.

my view on that is if he really cares for Chelsea then he’ll sell for a ‘small amount’ to a v wealthy buyer on the understanding that the buyer invests heavily into the club rather than paying him the true value. 

Edited by st albans fox