Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

2 hours ago, South Shire Fox said:

The Saudis should be the next ones to be booted out.

They're pricks in their own country of course but they arent invading anyone else anytime soon (non UK/US based anyway) so they're off the hook for a while you'd think.

Edited by Nalis

41 minutes ago, Nalis said:

They're pricks in their own country of course but they arent invading anyone else anytime soon so they're off the hook for a while you'd think.

The Saudis led the intervention in Yemen and have been blockading it for years…

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Stadt said:

The Saudis led the intervention in Yemen and have been blockading it for years…

Was talking more about the future and non UK based invasions but yeah I worded my post pretty poorly so fair point by you.

1 hour ago, Finnaldo said:

I get Abramovich has had a massive legacy at Chelsea but I beg that their fans stop defending him and pretending this entire ‘sell the club and proceeds go to Ukraine’ shtick isn’t a desperate PR stunt before his assets are frozen across board for basically being best buddies with old Vlad.

And what happens if Ukraine becomes a part of Russia, then he's basically helping rebuild Russia 🤔

4 hours ago, Tielemans63 said:

I read this and thought the same but then I thought again about it and maybe I'm being super-cynical here, but I'm interested to know what 'victims' he's referring to and as I said in another thread, what the 'long-term work of recovery' entails. That rebuild of infrastructure in Ukraine could make Abramovich a lot more than he puts in. Wouldn't surprise me if he saw events in the Ukraine as a huge business opportunity. If you can look like you're helping while cleaning up then all the better from a PR point of view.

Maybe that's harsh. As I say, I'm interested to see who he thinks are the victims here. I'd also be very surprised if he undermined Putin so publicly, that makes me suspicious.

A carefully worded statement which doesn't condem Putin's actions or confirm who the victims are. So, if you were slightly cynical, you could consider this a pr stunt to appear nice in the west whilst edging your bets. Avoids being tainted by association if Putin loses, hasn't burnt his bridges if Putin succeeds. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Finnaldo said:

I get Abramovich has had a massive legacy at Chelsea but I beg that their fans stop defending him and pretending this entire ‘sell the club and proceeds go to Ukraine’ shtick isn’t a desperate PR stunt before his assets are frozen across board for basically being best buddies with old Vlad.

They've been defending him for nearly 20 years, they don't care, the players and managers don't care, the Premier League and FA don't care as they are directly or indirectly the beneficiary's of money stolen from the Russian people.

Edited by Vestan Pance

1 hour ago, Aus Fox said:

Out of interest, I went on their website to see what they’ve won since this guy started following Spurs - it’s more than you’d think:

6BB17F49-7D8F-456C-9A08-8B957D86A55F.jpeg

"Sun International Challenge Tropy (Swalizand) Winners... you'll never sing that"....

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

In response to the usual Chelsea song 'we've won it all' the Luton fans sang 'you've bought it all'. 

Chelsea sing 'we've won it all' to everybody, evidently including against a Championship side, money couldn't have happened to such a worse club :glare:

14 hours ago, South Shire Fox said:

The Saudis should be the next ones to be booted out.

Them and the emiratis for crimes against humanity in Yemen. But since the west is complicit in the crimes against humanity and has been supplying them with bombs and weapons and technical support (that has been used to drop bombs on school buses full of innocent kids) it won't be denounced. I won't post any pictures of the genocide but it's very scary and hard to see. Our end is near when people like that are backed in any form. (the governments and regimes backed by the west or the east, like Syria by China and Russia too.) 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Bert said:

What a load of nonsense, but wouldn't expect anything else from a Burnley rag! I do agree though that Man C are one of the worst teams, especially when it comes to tactical fouling. You could see in the game on Tuesday what Burnley are all about, there was some rough tackles went in when we started to take control of the game in the first half. I thought the ref let quite a few go without a yellow when they clearly deserved a yellow, especially the Mee challenge on Tielemans. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Bert said:

Burnley's only newspaper, I didn't think they could read up there!!

2 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

What a load of nonsense, but wouldn't expect anything else from a Burnley rag! I do agree though that Man C are one of the worst teams, especially when it comes to tactical fouling. You could see in the game on Tuesday what Burnley are all about, there was some rough tackles went in when we started to take control of the game in the first half. I thought the ref let quite a few go without a yellow when they clearly deserved a yellow, especially the Mee challenge on Tielemans. 

Yea and I think Westwood who almost pulled KDH’s shirt off him as he went past him.