Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

That was the day I was convinced it had to be a fix. There's just no possible explanation for that level of ineptness. It's disrespectful to the officials to think they're that stupid.

Yes then OGS said it was a nailed on penalty.

Maybe it’s the pressure from the big boys  ?

16 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

But statistically it really doesn't happen more than chance.  There's simply no proof either way.  And as there is no evidence you have to apply logic and probability.  

Just imagine the 100's of different people throughout the years who would have to keep shtum, imagine the devastation to the English game if it got out, the billions lost in lawsuits the destruction of clubs and history, and what what ends?  A slight advantage to a top team who would win most of the time anyway.  Makes no sense.

But people believe we never walked on the moon, that the shooter was on the grassy Knoll and that aliens crashed at Roswell....and those are beliefs in the face of all the evidence so i guess if there is no evidence either way they'll always be people who believe the draw is rigged.

I think 

32 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

But statistically it really doesn't happen more than chance.  There's simply no proof either way.  And as there is no evidence you have to apply logic and probability.  

Just imagine the 100's of different people throughout the years who would have to keep shtum, imagine the devastation to the English game if it got out, the billions lost in lawsuits the destruction of clubs and history, and what what ends?  A slight advantage to a top team who would win most of the time anyway.  Makes no sense.

But people believe we never walked on the moon, that the shooter was on the grassy Knoll and that aliens crashed at Roswell....and those are beliefs in the face of all the evidence so i guess if there is no evidence either way they'll always be people who believe the draw is rigged.

I think if there was one year that in the first few rounds  the big sides all drew each other while a championship club had easy lower league games deep into the contest, then you’d know. But it just all seems too coincidental. 

This is isn’t a ‘my club always gets tough games’ or x club always have it easy post. I just think, as always money drives most things. 

1 minute ago, surrifox said:

Potter the Messiah working his special brand of magic :rolleyes:

The calls for Potter, made me chuckle, he hadn’t proven anything yet. You certainly wouldn’t want to replace a proven manager for one that hasn’t done anything 

14 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

The calls for Potter, made me chuckle, he hadn’t proven anything yet. You certainly wouldn’t want to replace a proven manager for one that hasn’t done anything 

I'd say he's just the new Eddie Howe, when Howe was being hyped as the next England manager a few years ago, but Howe got Bournemouth to 9th in the league and is a better manager.

• Like 1

Saints struggling against villa. 
anyone else watching the table?

will be interesting at full time where we end up. I was hoping for 10th but might not happen. Bloody palace is beating wolves too. Can’t stand being stuck in this mid table swamp. We are so much better but this season is what it is so let’s keep winning and move on up. Need results around us to go our way too.

3 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Wolves are shit again then!

We really have been utter dog muck since we beat you. 

Injuries to both our starting wing-backs haven't helped, but we've looked very inconsistent all over the pitch since AFCON finished. 

Adam Webster has been one of the best defenders in the league this season, no coincidence Brighton's run of defeats has coincided with him being out, and they had Dunk suspended for some of it too. Any manager would struggle with their main centre back pairing out

1 minute ago, The Bear said:

We really have been utter dog muck since we beat you. 

Injuries to both our starting wing-backs haven't helped, but we've looked very inconsistent all over the pitch since AFCON finished. 

Do you feel like you're a little too cautious?