Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

3 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

West Ham have learn't nothing from watching us finish 5th twice.

Like us they should have strengthened in January 

Crazy to think that we’d have finished in the top 4 if we’d have beaten Southampton (who were down to 10 men for 80 minutes) lol last season, fine margins.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

West Ham have learn't nothing from watching us finish 5th twice.

Like us they should have strengthened in January 

I don't think West Ham have been in as strong a position as we were in reality. This seasons been all over the place, and apart from the early part of the season, I think their top 4/5 spot has been false. For example they are currently 5th having played at least a game more than the top 4 and 4 games more than Arsenal in 6th who are on the same points. They are also only 3 points ahead of Spurs in 7th having played 3 extra games. I think they'll end up 7th or 8th when everything settles down in terms of number of games played.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, tom27111 said:

Just watching MOTD. 

West Ham should have scored, but Trent Alexander Arnold's aggressive arm waving and blatant abuse of an official for not putting up an offside flag is totally unacceptable. 

The assistant called it correctly. 

Pure petulance and entitlement from a Liverpool player. 

Should have been a minimum of a yellow card, the gesturing probably warranted more.

Horrible behaviour. 

It annoys me this doesn't get punished any more, across the board. Far too many players feel like they can say or gesture what they want to the ref with little consequence. 

It used to be a bookable offence to do it but seems to have crept back into the game. 

• Like 4

I know they've made signings and improved the squad but all this talk that Steve Bruce was the best Newcastle could get firmly in the bin. Howe has improved players like Joelinton and Fraser there too.

4 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Really hope Burnley drop. 

I’ve got nothing against Burnley and don’t really understand why many people do. They play crap football? So what?

I was sincerely hoping Newcastle would drop. They’re a team who could make it more difficult for us to threaten the top six in future seasons and also have a pretty dubious ownership model. 

Now Newcastle are looking safe my attention has switched to Everton. They’re potentially one good manager away from being a threat and, despite severed ties recently, they’ve already washed a fair bit of Russian money 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

MOTD highlights make it seem like some Burnley players have given up. Body language, watching McNeil walk after Chalobah etc all makes me think this could be the year they drop

I thought the same thing, it was McNeil who stood out to me too, every clip it appeared he was walking or jogging 

3 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

I thought the same thing, it was McNeil who stood out to me too, every clip it appeared he was walking or jogging 

A few times, noticed Chelsea simply wanting it more and just running past a Burnley player. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

I’ve got nothing against Burnley and don’t really understand why many people do. They play crap football? So what?

I was sincerely hoping Newcastle would drop. They’re a team who could make it more difficult for us to threaten the top six in future seasons and also have a pretty dubious ownership model. 

Now Newcastle are looking safe my attention has switched to Everton. They’re potentially one good manager away from being a threat and, despite severed ties recently, they’ve already washed a fair bit of Russian money 

Don’t like their fans chanting about Vichai’s death and still booing the taking of the knee.

8 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Don’t like their fans chanting about Vichai’s death and still booing the taking of the knee.

To be fair they were brilliant on two occasions when we have remembered those killed in the accident. Let's not fall into the trap of painting them all the same because of a few idiots.

• Like 1

Just watching MOTD and Villa look to have blasted Southampton away with a really strong attack.

I think anyone playing Villa needs to boot Coutinho in the first couple of minutes.

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

How come there were no highlights of the Burnley game on MOTD? Usually they have the highlights of the midweek game (even if it is just the goals?). 

Pretty sure they showed the goals just before the Burnley v Chelsea highlights