Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

45 minutes ago, Corky said:

Would love him to come back for a bit for some more of that magic. It does please me that he's doing well as it proves our title winning side wasn't just hard working lads having the season of their lives, we had serious quality in three or four of them who've consistently done it since.

I do feel a bit for Maguire but he chose to go and take the adulation and kudos so the criticism will come. He could've been a Schmeichel at Leicester- a player who gets a great reputation and can get away with weaknesses- but wanted to be in the elite setting. Soyuncu hasn't kicked on as we'd hoped but I believe Soyuncu's best is better than Maguire's. We don't miss him.

I thought you were going to finish off the song there ……..king massive. 

got a bit heated in the discussion just now. I didn’t like the Neville was being so dismissive to Richard’s. Neville is a decent pundit but he thinks he is smarter than he is. Richards has grown on me. He knows he isn’t the smartest but he is passionate knowledgable and always smiling. Fed up of those miserable sky tw..s who think the world revolves around the greedy six. Bt with mcannamuffin commenting on Leicester games just as bad. Need to see more of Heskey dublin etc. ok I’m a bit biased. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Whilst Fernandes is a quality player, his attitude stinks. Constantly moaning and whinging and throwing his arms around. The very top players fight for their team when things aren't going well. The likes of Pogba, Ronaldo and Fernandes just throw the towel in when they are up against it and moan like little bitches. 

5 time Ballon d'or winner

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, MrsJohnMurphy said:

5 time Ballon d'or winner

Yeh he's been amazing player, no doubt but his best days are way behind him and hes just a massive mard arse these days along with his mate Fernandes. 

3 hours ago, adejo92 said:

How has football gone 100's of years without issue but now it has become trendy to have to get the game stopped because Geoff on row K has got a nose bleed.

Probably a really controversial view but not sure a game needs stopping most the time.

It's all to do with the woke culture

• Sad 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, bovril said:

Weirdly seems to be underrated by a lot of Leicester fans too. 

I don't think any Leicester fan can under rate him, we saw first hand how good he was. Some may just have animosity towards him because of the way he left. Man City fans for a while under rated him though. One of my best mates is a season ticket holder and when they signed him he said, he'll be alright for our bench. He laughed at me when I said he'll be one of your best players. 

3 hours ago, ARTY_FOX said:

That move would be a huge slap in the face for me. Of all the clubs he could go to thats the one that would annoy me the most. 

The attraction of playing along side European Super League stars like Xhaka, is a hell of a selling point.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bovril said:

Weirdly seems to be underrated by a lot of Leicester fans too. 

Weirdly?  You could hardly have been a bigger pillock about leaving than Mahrez was.  I don't think fans underrate him - I think they just resent that.

18 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Weirdly?  You could hardly have been a bigger pillock about leaving than Mahrez was.  I don't think fans underrate him - I think they just resent that.

Maybe that clouds people's judgement but I get the feeling too many Leicester fans don't appreciate how good he is

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, bovril said:

Maybe that clouds people's judgement but I get the feeling too many Leicester fans don't appreciate how good he is

Honestly. I think Deeg67 was right. He was brilliant here and everyone knew it. We were just disappointed with his behaviour before leaving and how it dragged on together with the comments after leaving. We also were upset he would leave us after helping our dreams come true just as we secretly (or not so secretly) upset about Kante leaving. Still we all know how brilliant Mahrez is and the original comments stand about how Man City fans underated him.’ How can any decent players play for leicester’ F..king

T..sers

41 minutes ago, bovril said:

As witness the thousands of “we desperately need to replace Mahrez” threads that (understandably) dominate the TT board every window?

18 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Good read 

For those that haven’t read it, it’s simple statistical evidence that medical emergencies in crowds has always happened 

In the good old days the St. John’s ambulance carted the poor soul away but nowadays with defibs available, the game is generally stopped so that the person can get treatment and attention without any distraction of the game ongoing. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Corky said:

Would love him to come back for a bit for some more of that magic. It does please me that he's doing well as it proves our title winning side wasn't just hard working lads having the season of their lives, we had serious quality in three or four of them who've consistently done it since.

I do feel a bit for Maguire but he chose to go and take the adulation and kudos so the criticism will come. He could've been a Schmeichel at Leicester- a player who gets a great reputation and can get away with weaknesses- but wanted to be in the elite setting. Soyuncu hasn't kicked on as we'd hoped but I believe Soyuncu's best is better than Maguire's. We don't miss him.

Yeah as much as I disliked the way Mahrez left I think I'd backed him too much to want him to fail. I feel quite vindicated seeing how well he's turned out for them. I rate him over Grealish and always have done. That 2015/16 side was unconventional but they were the best team in that league and there is no doubt about it. Super organised but had three genuine top players in that side as well.

Mahrez is pure quality we grabbed him when we saw his potential we then realized his potential and he continued to show more potential (mostly to managers of certain clubs he wanted to go to). Look I'm at peace with it now. I didn't like how he acted during the whole of his final season. We were trying to build on our accomplishments and he wanted more of what he tasted in the champions league. He's a confident son of a beech and banked on himself to be even better. Who are we to deny him. He's proved his worth at city so that says it all. He will always be one of our legends in my book and forever part of the greatest story ever told. Lets not keep grudges.

As for manu today? oh boy... :crylaugh:

Guest Chocolate Teapot
7 hours ago, st albans fox said:

For those that haven’t read it, it’s simple statistical evidence that medical emergencies in crowds has always happened 

In the good old days the St. John’s ambulance carted the poor soul away but nowadays with defibs available, the game is generally stopped so that the person can get treatment and attention without any distraction of the game ongoing. 

I think the point he makes about the Eriksen incident is spot on. Everyone is more aware to it now and realises they need to get the attention of the medical experts.

8 hours ago, bovril said:

To be fair I don't think Man City fans appreciate how good he is either, not from what I've seen anyway. I think it's a British fan thing, even yesterday you heard groans a couple of times as Mahrez bottled a 50/50, that sort of thing clouds people's opinions in this country. 

I have nothing against Mahrez, shame we couldn't have him a bit longer and really create a legacy here but I don't blame him for forcing a move to Pep's Man City. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I'm not saying bring them back but I thought at one stage the PL were looking to bring in regular 7.45pm Saturday games? Did they actually listen to fans' backlash and criticism and can it? 

Pretty sure I remember reading this as well. 

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

I'm not saying bring them back but I thought at one stage the PL were looking to bring in regular 7.45pm Saturday games? Did they actually listen to fans' backlash and criticism and can it? 

Is 7.45pm on a saturday THAT bad?

One thing i liked during the pandemic (the ONLY thing) was how every game having its own kick off time elevated the importance of each game I felt. I understand fans were not there, fine, but why is it that much of a deal that a football match HAS to be played at 3pm on a saturday, beyond merely tradition?

Football has been played at 7.45pm on a weekday and no one minds about this. Surely thats far logistically harder for someone to attend than 7.45pm on a saturday?

(ducks behind table and expects to get roasted now)

2 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

I'll always hold more resentment towards Kante for leaving the way he did than Mahrez. At least Mahrez tried to give it another go, not his fault we couldn't match his ambition, but he did go around getting his move in the wrong way in the end which of course, was disappointing.

Kante just seemed to not give a shit and jump at the first opportunity, I don't think he really realised the magnitude of what all the players and staff at the club (not just him, as many people will have you believe) achieved together that season. 

Kante denied aspects of this Guardian article and I dont know the truth. However, whole crime organisations develop for lesser amounts of money, Imagine the pressure some players are under. 

following a dispute over a €4.8m agents’ commission.....Mediapart said it had a recording of Rachid Saadna saying: “Maybe my brother had a weapon,” but that he did not point the “gun” at Kanté. “My brother came cleverly … he did not come [to exert] violence on a small one. He gave him the choice.”

“I give you the choice. You work with a lawyer and you stop working with the other. Listen, I’m not kidding, either you resolve the problem or I kill Karim Douis, period.”

Mahrez might not have been knee deep in a mafia entourage but those millions go pretty quickly if you have commitements to others.