Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

Got nothing against Gray personally but can't be having him be a success at Everton. Hope he continues to disappoint. Everton probably see it as risk free and could probably sell him to top end championship or a promoted side for a profit next summer. 

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

Given JM10 is his big branding, I'd suggest he isn't going to Arsenal  

Big branding to him and that’s pretty much it.

A move to Arsenal would increase his wages and exposure (with or without the JM10). 

Either Everton have got a bargain for him or wasted it somewhat (although at least they've learnt their lesson here in not to overspend on a fairly average player).

Edited by Wymsey

3 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

These stats really are not very good.

A goal contribution every 6/7 games, a big chance every 10 games and 1 in every 5 crosses reaching a man.

They aren't very good but how many of those 133 games were not a full 90mins!?

He did produce occasionally for us but overall disappointing considering his potential when we got him from Birmingham. A lot of players never fulfill their potential. 

I've got nothing against him so good luck to him. He might just need Rafa to put his arm around him although I don't think Rafa is that type of manager.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

He did produce occasionally for us but overall disappointing considering his potential when we got him from Birmingham. A lot of players never fulfill their potential. 

I've got nothing against him so good luck to him. He might just need Rafa to put his arm around him although I don't think Rafa is that type of manager.

I think according to transfermarket, he played 5519 minutes in total, subbed on 80 times if I've interpreted it right. 

I disagree with your last comment, Rodgers is an arm round the shoulder guy, and we got nothing from Gray.

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

80 sub appearances in the PL with us out of those 133 games. His goals and assists per 90 minutes for us was 0.31. Still not that impressive, but comparable to Albrighton who has 0.30 goals and assists per 90.

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

I think according to transfermarket, he played 5519 minutes in total, subbed on 80 times if I've interpreted it right. 

I disagree with your last comment, Rodgers is an arm round the shoulder guy, and we got nothing from Gray.

Very true. I never brought into the "he has a bad attitude" thing though. Perhaps he just wasn't that good regardless.

Just now, SouthStandUpperTier said:

80 sub appearances in the PL with us out of those 133 games. His goals and assists per 90 minutes for us was 0.31. Still not that impressive, but comparable to Albrighton who has 0.30 goals and assists per 90.

Agree still not impressive. Yeah I think only Barnes has a good output as a winger but I suppose Gray is a different type of player to Albrighton.

The 80 sub appearances is impressive though.

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

Very true. I never brought into the "he has a bad attitude" thing though. Perhaps he just wasn't that good regardless.

Agree still not impressive. Yeah I think only Barnes has a good output as a winger but I suppose Gray is a different type of player to Albrighton.

The 80 sub appearances is impressive though.

Yeah, not trying to run down Albrighton in any way as he contributes in other ways that Gray didn't. Just using it for comparison.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

Got nothing against Gray personally but can't be having him be a success at Everton. Hope he continues to disappoint. Everton probably see it as risk free and could probably sell him to top end championship or a promoted side for a profit next summer. 

Yep, good luck to him as a person, but not too much as a player! :P 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

These stats really are not very good.

A goal contribution every 6/7 games, a big chance every 10 games and 1 in every 5 crosses reaching a man.

The emojis really makes that look like they are taking the piss 

Big chances created 13 in 133 games (FIREEEE!!)  lol

Hope he does well though, just not against us! 

• Haha 2

On 20/07/2021 at 23:50, STUHILL said:

What prospective owner doesn't say "want to turn (insert name) into a major force"

I would always be suspicious of a "group of investors" as they are usually just that, in it for making a profit for themselves. 

No doubt WH fans will be excited by this rumour though. West Ham overachieved last season and I can see them back in the midtable mix this time round 

The investors could include Jonathan King, Gary Glitter and Pol Pot’s ghost…and you could still create an argument that a takeover would bring a bit more class to the boardroom.

• Haha 2

Seeing a few rumours of winks to Everton for 25 mil they are will surely have one of the worst midfields in the prem. hopefully Spurs invest it wisely by giving a new 7 year contract to Eric dier 😂

2 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

ENGLAND skipper Harry Kane is poised for a £160million move after Spurs chairman Daniel Levy agreed to let him join an English rival.

The Euros hero, 27, is set to join Man City on a record £400,000 a week. 

:nigel:

If Spurs really get £160m then they could actually be a better outfit next season. 

ings would be a competent no 9 who will get 20 goals +

loads of money left to strengthen where they need to ….