Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

9 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Yep they will only need someone who knows how to organise them and make them tough to beat and they will be fine. Lampard was never that man 

Yup. I actually don't think big sam is as bad at all as they label him, he's not like pulis or Mark Hughes. He's got actual tactics and man management. He's past his best, clearly, but at his best was a good pragmatic manager. Look what he did at Bolton. Lampard could never ever fill his boots. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ceredigion said:

It would do the Premier League a world of good not to have Everton in it for a season or two.

I'm not sure it would mate,  they're adept at investing in other Premier League Club's by buying others used up/overhyped players way above market price.

Entertainment wise yeah, they serve up the same old slop year after year. They're due their inevitable spring rebound but this is as bad as I remember it for them.

26 minutes ago, KingsX said:

That moment you realize your name is about to be attached to a club's first relegation in over 70 years

1481293411_Lampsworried.JPG.28ab191608fb856cef9db3c89d010a03.JPG

Everton fans screamed out for his appointment. I thought at the time it was over enthusiastic. 

At least the fans have only themselves to blame if they now go down. 

3 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Football doesn't work like that though does it. If you think you're good enough, they will come for you anyway, regardless of price. He put the release clause in because he wanted out easily, no price negotiation, just pay up. Chelsea weren't prepared to take the risk on a unproven player, we were and weren't rewarded for taking that chance because he insisted on a get out before he even signed. 

I have no problem with people moving on to bigger and better things. But your analogy would be like this unproven programmer coming to a small company, creating a product that's better than the IPhone, but the whole time planning to move to Apple take all that work and go without working their notice period.

Nobody said he had to be here forever, just would have been nice if he wasn't planning to leave before he signed and if when he did we were adequately recompensed and not screwed over because of his insistence on a release clause.

We won the league, got champions league football and made 25m profit.... How werent we rewarded. Its in the top 5 of fee's weve ever receieved.  

Was he worth more, of course. But youre being a bit over the top on how hard done by we were. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

We won the league, got champions league football and made 25m profit.... How werent we rewarded. Its in the top 5 of fee's weve ever receieved.  

Was he worth more, of course. But youre being a bit over the top on how hard done by we were. 

One of the best in the world, only been here a year, should have been pulling in north of £60m at least.

So you're not arguing the fact he was out the door before he walked through it? 

Think it all kind of went wrong when they harshly sacked Martinez, they brought in Koeman who overspent on bang average players and there still paying for that. Since then they have chopped and changed with terrible list of managers. If Everton went down I wouldn't be confident to say they'd bounce straight back up.

• Like 1

Just now, Corky said:

Everton's remaining away matches consist of very tough games (West Ham, Liverpool, Arsenal and probably you could include us in that) and huge battles (Burnley and Watford).

For me the Burnley and Watford games will determine whether they drop or not. They can’t lose those matches.