Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

2 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Everton got some tricky game to come

Home: Wolves

Home: Newcastle

Away: West Ham

Home: Man Utd

Away: Liverpool

Home: Chelsea

Away: Leicester 

Home: Brentford

Away: Arsenal

Where do Everton find the wins there?

Might get something against Brentford and could pick up a point at wolves. Newcastle are hitting some form and will turn them over I feel 

Everton look to me like they’ve given up. It’s a club that’s in a mess thanks to years of poor recruitment and over spending in the wrong areas. 

The danger for them is Burnley have been doing this for seasons, I think Everton are in genuine trouble. 

2 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

They need at least 4 points from the next 2 and then at home to Brentford. Can't really back them against anybody after that showing tonight

5 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

3 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I can see at least one.

The side sharing pretty the same strip? :ph34r:

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Everton look to me like they’ve given up. It’s a club that’s in a mess thanks to years of poor recruitment and over spending in the wrong areas. 

The danger for them is Burnley have been doing this for seasons, I think Everton are in genuine trouble. 

Problem for Everton is they have got a manager in whose still very young and learning whose never really experienced a relegation scrap before either as manager or player. Lampard I think has got potential to be a good manager, as we seen in his first season's at Derby and Chelsea. But he's gone in the deep end at Everton.

Edited by Leicesterpool

37 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

Lampard taking Everton down. Still, they'll have a brand new stadium in the Championship.

About that stadium …

Moshiri put in ₤100M to cover the design, approvals and ground clearing.  The other in ₤400M was supposed to come from placing securities with private investors, plus the local authority.  The prospectus suggested the debt would be secured on ticket sales or future revenue.  EFL revenues will not entice the private sector to make that investment.  And this week, the Liverpool City Region Combined Authority pulled the funding they had agreed to provide.

Alisher Usmanov, whose UK assets were just frozen, is not only the real financial muscle behind the club, but the controlling owner of the companies which pay naming or signage rights for the training ground and old and new stadium.  That’s “around £20 million a season” Everton just had to cut off because of his ties to Putin.

Now look at that squad and payroll.  This is a club already neck deep in FFP-sized losses even if they don’t drop.  This could very easily become a financial bloodbath.

Without (a) PL revenues and (b) his mate Usmanov, does Moshiri have several hundred million pounds to burn to cover the next few years of losses plus the stadium construction?

If that stadium site were to become a parking lot, that might be the least of Everton’s financial concerns. 

https://theathletic.com/2839718/2021/09/22/explained-how-everton-are-funding-their-new-stadium/

https://theathletic.com/news/everton-suspend-sponsorships-with-russia-linked-companies-usm-megafon-and-yota/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

The problem for Everton is they are essentially a team of absolute donkeys.

Theres not one player who is a "regular" for them who isnt an absolute donkey. The Allan and Doucoure midfield partnership is a donkeyfest. Striking options In Calvert Lewin and Rondon are two donkey options. Relying on Gray (who IS terrible, end of discussion) and Andros Townsend for creativity. Terrible fullbacks.

Only Richarlison is half decent and his attitude stinks.

The whole side is absolutely terrible.

• Haha 1

Norwich just don’t have the players. Then you have 2 teams who also lack quality but have managers who have a good track record in relegation battles and 2 teams who have a bit more quality but managers with no experience of the situation. Difficult to say which way it will go.

9 minutes ago, Smashing-Pumpkin said:

Theres not one player who is a "regular" for them who isnt an absolute donkey. The Allan and Doucoure midfield partnership is a donkeyfest. Striking options In Calvert Lewin and Rondon are two donkey options. Relying on Gray (who IS terrible, end of discussion) and Andros Townsend for creativity. Terrible fullbacks.

Gordon is going to be an excellent player. Whether it’s with them or someone else.

Otherwise, agreed lol 

39 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

One of the best in the world, only been here a year, should have been pulling in north of £60m at least.

So you're not arguing the fact he was out the door before he walked through it? 

If it was the only way to entice him to sign, then it was still great business by the club.  90% of footballers sign for money, not love.  We had just survived by the skin of our teeth of course players had reservations about signing for us. He most likely wanted a nice get out clause in-case things went wrong... it just happened to give him the option to go somewhere he could win the champions league. 

A deal proposed by someones agent is hardly a reason to have any ill-feelings towards a title winner IMO

20 minutes ago, Smashing-Pumpkin said:

Reminds me of a recurrent nightmare that I used to have when Gray was still here and we were linked with Townsend every season.

19 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Gordon is going to be an excellent player. Whether it’s with them or someone else.

Otherwise, agreed lol 

Id have to say Gordon might be decent, but as far as excellent youngsters in the Premier League go, im looking at Foden, Elanga, Martinelli, Saka, Smith Rowe, and hes miles off any of those players.

13 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Not sure why you'd laugh at that. 

Imagine the reaction in here if someone posted a link to opposition fans joking about injuring one of our players for months. 

Especially if we were in a relegation scrap. 

Tbf I cant imagine any Leeds fan is too distraught at losing him.

That was really poor by the manager to leave him on with an injury like that.

25 minutes ago, Smashing-Pumpkin said:

Id have to say Gordon might be decent, but as far as excellent youngsters in the Premier League go, im looking at Foden, Elanga, Martinelli, Saka, Smith Rowe, and hes miles off any of those players.

A year in the Championship will do him wonders :ph34r:

• Like 1

Everton still 10/3 to go down.

Kicking myself for not taking them at 13/2 a few weeks ago.

Burnley still 4/5, but I see them getting out of it. They'll scrap and have the manager with the know how.

Dyche just seems to pull a decent run out of the bag every year.

Whilst it isn't nice for anyone to have to go, 3 must. I see Everton slipping. Much like the big stories when Forest, Villa and Newcastle went.

• Like 1